LSU/Charles Scott

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 24, 2009.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The dead horse won the Georgia game. And will win a couple more for us this year.

How quickly they forget.

2 people like this.
  2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Does this look slow-footed to you?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrIY31e7yE[/MEDIA]

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Watch for the run game to open up more as opposing D's will not be able to load the box. They will have to start respecting JJ's ability to burn them with the pass. Along with other changes that will continue to improve our O.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have running backs with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have?

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Charles Scott just needs to be set up for success. He isn't a guy who is going to stop on a dime and kick it to the outside and turn the corner. He needs holes to hit, and he will drag 4 or 5 people with him. I love Charles Scott and i think he will have a future in the NFL, maybe not as a feature back, but as a situational back. I really appreciate everything Charles has done for LSU and his unselfish attitude, and i still think is very valuable member of this team.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i wonder how much of a positive effect does CS have on the success of the passing game and on the other rushers. in that vein i wonder if the running game would take off using a wishbone type O like WV did with white, slaton and schmidt (insert jj, kw, and cs)

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

With all due respect thats not a wishbone. A wishbone is the formation old school Nebraska and Oklahoma ran for so many years. Where a you have a QB, FB, and then two HBs, hence the name wishbone. I do agree we need to try something new. I think we do need more of a spread look. More misdirection plays to throw the D off.

8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

You will see huge straight away lanes, I think he is fast but he lacks quickness at the line and the ability to change directions.

That crap is not going to work game in and game out in the SEC it hasn't really worked constantly since the 4th game last year.

As far as Scott he will either be a FB at the next level or not in the league. He's a great kid, glad he is a Tiger, but trying to make him something he is not seems kind of futile.

The simple fact is every team since about the 4th game last year has played LSU the same way... load up the middle.... really load up the middle if Scott is in the I... if they can beat you some other way... wish them luck.

9. russnrvr

russnrvr Founding Member

In my opinion, the issue is not the ability of Charles Scott but the offensive line. I think that our line is so unable to create creases and hold them, that a once able Charles Scott with a decent line cannot now find any running room with this current line. It takes a fleet-footed smaller back to find daylight and it has to be a quick hit. Watch the long run of Shepard's. No way a big back makes it through the same hole.

I think it would be possible to have a big back find room IF the line took those "Texas Tech" splits which spreads the defensive but it is apparent that our coaching staff does not see it that way.

So for now, I agree that smaller quicker backs WITH THIS OFFENSIVE LINE is the only way to sustain a running game.

Think about it, are you telling me that T-Bob Hebert right now is a SEC caliber center that can match up with Top 20 defenses? Tell me your answer after the Alabama and Ole Miss games.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

so is it just a read-option from a power I?

anyway the point being that CS is a better runner than the average RB and having a good speed back to make the corner and a power guy between the tackles could make it difficult for the D to effectively stop both (plus a running qb). because it seems that with CS in the D knows what to expect.