LSU coach Will Wade discussed improper benefits for recruit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Oct 16, 2018.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I can't wait until the hammer drops on Bama for Saban paying all those recruits and they get stripped of all his titles there.

This college basketball thing is just the tip of the iceberg for how corrupt the NCAA and the entire "student athlete" system is.

Just admit they are paying and setup limits for how much each student / team can get. How about those big TV contracts some of that money gets split with the actual people on the field?

TheRealist and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  2. BP

BP Founding Member

I'm not opposed to that, but it won't solve the problem. If you set the pay at a maximum of $25000/year (just as an example), some school or booster would offer a desired player another $25,000 under the table.

furduknfish and leroy7500 like this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

That first part will NEVER happen so dont hold your breath. If they havent been popped yet, they never will. The SEC/NCAA protects their cash cows.

Brian likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

What was the si article that had them dead to rights. Phone calls, cars, pay all there for the taking.

Nah nothing to see here. While poor USC took it on the chin (thinking of you vball).

shane0911 and Brian like this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Mike Garret basically told off the NCAA and dared them repeatedly to try and go after USC. It is a big reason they ultimately did. Not because USC was doing things that no one else was doing. Many opposing fans just want to think USC had such success because of cheating and prefer to think they got caught because of that reason. Any program has shady dealings. It is impossible not to. Reggie got paid by a wannabe agent not affiliated with USC who only tuned Reggie in because Reggie didn't want to repay the money. We'd be livid if that happened to us. Bama isn't beyond reproach, but Nick is diligent in everything he does for a reason.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

-triggered-

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

that's exactly how I saw it,.. Mike Garret asked for it, fought with the NCAA every step of the way.

When the Ducks were in hot water they took the opposite approach,.. hired a lawyer who had a long history of cooperating and working with the NCAA,.. Oregon got off light, USC got hammered.

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Terry inbound to vigorously defend in 3, 2, 1.

9. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

No it would be much higher than that. The NBA has already announced that they will have "select" G League players that go straight from high school to the G League. They are offering $125k.

What I'm suggesting isn't a full fix. You never will until their is income sharing and to do that the college players would have to unionize. But it sure as heck will be better than the completely illegal stuff that is going on right now.