LSU Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kevinvking, Aug 22, 2003.

1. tigerm

tigerm Founding Member

Toolame...... Hate to see him go, but wish him luck (except against LSU) :dis:

2. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

I cant believe he'd rather geaux to Tulane! I know he wants to leave because he wont be able to play QB here but...............didnt like a week or 2 ago in a article he said he wasn't even THINKING about leaving LSU!?

3. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

Tough to say...I would put Jimbo on a very short list of finalists...the others being Doug Williams and Brad Childress (Eagles Off Coordinator) Other than that...None of those guys have head coaching experience though...so I would also look around at guys who are Head Coaches at lower level BCS schools or Mid Majors. Maybe the Jim Leveat (spelling?) from South Florida. Though I would also take a long hard look at guys with NFL ties as that seems to really help a lot in recruiting.

4. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

well if you insist, i'll take the job as LSU's Head football coach

5. Now THATS a scary thought

:D

:lsug:

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would hope that when Nick leaves LSU is in a better position than having to look to the mid majors for a new coach. I would rather hire a guy who has won national championships at the Division 1AA level. It worked for Ohio State. Tressel's Youngstown State teams won serveral NCs. I hope Saban is here so long that the next coach is some guy who is just now starting his coaching career.

7. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I like the Jimbo idea. Auburn was pretty good on offense when he was there. If we went to the outside for a coach we would be looking at total change - system/schemes and coaches. The other thing to consider is that Jimbo has been with Nick since taking over at LSU. If Saban goes he may take Jimbo with him. I hope that LSU comes through on all the things Saban wants for the program. Keeping Nick happy is the KEY! I really don't want to think about Saban leaving. Since becoming a fan, I have not been as excited about the FB program and direction of the program since Bill A., was the coach.

8. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

If Saban leaves and Jimbo is offered the job, there is not way he would pass up being head coach at a top program to stay a offense coor.

9. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

They were talking about this rumor on the National Fox Sports Radio today. They asked a NFL writer from the Bay area about it. He had not heard it, but he said the writing was on the wall that the Chicago coach is gone after this year.

10. Jimbo, Gruden or Stoops