LSU Concerned About Pace of Stadium Construction

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Apr 6, 2005.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

hmmm...I have a shirt that says LSU BCS CHAMPIONS with a Nike swoosh on it.

did Nike make any mythical championship season shirts for you war chickens? how about a replica Sears trophy made of plastic instead of crystal? :crystal:

I will take the BCS championship gear over the ordinary perfect season gear anytime. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :hihi: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So does Tulane. That was their high water mark too.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

LMAO! :hihi::rofl:

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Oh man, that was hilarious!

Great one ole man, great one!

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

12 didn't take NEARLY as long as you remember as a kid...I know because I was a commuter to LSU from Denham Springs on I-12 for the entirety of the construction project...

The construction company that received the contract collected a multi-million dollar bonus for completing the project EARLY. They were almost 8 months early, from what I remember. They benefitted from what was the dryest few springs and summers in Louisiana's history (according to State Climatologist Jay Grimes) to be ahead of schedule on their timeframe (They estimated a lot of rainout days)...

I drove that warzone every day, and it was more F$!#ed up than a lab rat on acid, but it was done ahead of schedule...

6. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

"Is anyone else thinking that this will not be finished on time and they will blame it on bad weather?" -- Houma Tiger 11-22-04

"no way will that happen. Do you realize how much money LSU would lose ?" -- Others reply
    Link

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yep. Iafrate LLC was the contractor on that project. I was doing work for them at the time while in college. The guys around their BR office were elated because they all got a hefty bonus at the end of that project. To their credit, they worked 24/7 and very efficiently. Also, the road had held up nicely since then. Which is not very common for La. road work....

8. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

I think you guys might be thinking of the wrong project. Iafrate, LLC got the contract for the improvements to I-12/I-10 from Airline Hwy to Acadian back in the mid to late '90s. The other time was when they improved I-12 from O'Neill to Airline back in the '80s. The 80s project took forever. That is the one that took to so many years to complete. The project in the 90s had bonus incentives bundled in the construction contract. That is why contractors were working 24/7 and the project was completed so ahead of schedule.

LSUDAN

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree the Superdome isn't an option. The Tigers normally do not sell about 5000-to 7500 general admission seats to every game to hold for the visiting team. My guess is they would be able to keep at least 10,000 seats from going on sale until they know exactly what the situation will be with construction. And I also agree that they will try and have the press box safe and secure first and the suites too.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I am not talking about the recent work, they did a great job on that one. I am talking about the work they did 18 years ago or so.