LSU cornerbacks Travis Daniels and Corey Webster have big aspirations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Mar 1, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

(TD supposedly ran a 4.61 40 earlier. nothing on corey )

If they want inspiration, they can call an old friend - New England Patriots defensive back Randall Gay. In 2003, Gay was part of the Tigers' BCS national championship team. Last year, Gay went from being an undrafted rookie to winning a Super Bowl with the Patriots.

Webster and Daniels are likely to be drafted, but if any scouts wonder about their skills, they think Gay's success will help alleviate any concerns.

"I think that definitely bodes well for me and Corey, that Randall went in and had that kind of impact on a championship team," Daniels said. "Especially since he was kind of behind us."

http://www.courierpress.com/ecp/pro_sports/article/0,1626,ECP_750_3581883,00.html

here's half the article but you must subscribe to read the entire thing:

Turning heads at Combine

INDIANAPOLIS - Matt Jones and Jerome Mathis turned heads on Sunday with their speed. Mike Williams did the same just by working out.

Jones, from Arkansas, ran the fastest time ever by a quarterback at the NFL Combine, unofficially clocked at 4.41 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

Mathis turned in the fastest time this year at the combine with an unofficial 4.32. Combine veterans Bill Parcells and Gil Brandt said Mathis was officially clocked at 4.25 - faster than Deion Sanders.

Williams was the biggest surprise. The former Southern Cal wide receiver had said Friday that he wouldn't run this weekend, but after watching some other top receivers run, Williams changed his mind.

"It was good to see Mike out there running," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "It's great for the clubs to see so many guys."

Williams ran two 4.59s, but was not among the fastest receivers. Mathis, who played at Hampton in Virginia, was the fastest wideout at 4.32. Indiana's Courtney Roby was next at 4.36 and South Carolina's Troy Williamson was third at 4.38.

After Jones, there was a huge drop-off among quarterbacks. Louisville's Stefan LeFors was second-fastest at 4.62, and Sam Houston State's Dustin Long was next at 4.67. But all three were faster than running back Maurice Clarett, who was slower than 4.7 on Saturday.

"It was a rough one," Clarett told NFL Network. "I've been working so long to get to this day, doing better at practice, and I kind of mess it up. I'm frustrated. I've been working a long time, waking up at 5:30 and going back at 12:30 and then at 7 o'clock, and I totally busted."

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

if those guys just keep working hard and have the passion for football they had while at lsu then the sky is the limit for em both....

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh yeah, Aaron Rodgers measured in at 6'2" exactly....flatfooted.

he will likely be the #1 pick overall now that hes at least as tall as Joe Montana.