LSU draft picks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gunlap, Dec 5, 2007.

1. gunlap

gunlap Founding Member

Which players from this LSU team will be in the 2008 NFL draft? I am assuming Dorsey is a top 5 pick, but don't know about others.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

wr early doucet, rb jacob hester, LB ali highsmith, cb chevis jackson, SS craig steltz, DE kirston pittman (could be a merriman-like hybrid), possibly cb jonathan zenon.

i may be forgetting some, do y'all think tyson jackson would/could go pro?

doucet's stock probably dropped b/c of injuries (prolly 2nd rd), hester mid to late rd depending on the offensive system. i don't really know where to project the other guys.

sorry i left out qb matt flynn who i actually think will go late or undrafted FA

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Dorsey will be 1, 2, or 3. Highsmith and Doucet will be first rounders, If Jackson goes he will be late first round or early second. Chevis Jackson, will be early 2nd round. Zenon, may go 3rd round. Hester late 2nd or early 3rd round. Steltz, third round, he has to get faster or quicker. Some of the seniors on the O-line will go 4th round or later.
    It just depends on how they do in the Senior bowl and of course the combine.
    NFL doesnt care about how great you are in college, if you are no less than a 2nd round pick. You have to do great in the combine. Just like Addai, blazed in the combine. NFL scouting is very detailed and they evaulate everything.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

We have to worry about 3 leaving early.

Tyson Jackson
    Darry Beckwith
    Herman Johnson

Before the season I would have said Jackson was a lock to leave early. I'm not so sure now. Beckwith is probably coming back, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. Johnson's stock is pretty high right now.

5. BuckeyePup

BuckeyePup Founding Member

Where Dorsey is picked is dependent on who drafts when. He will definately be the first DLineman drafted.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

in predicted order

dorsey
    highsmith
    cjackson
    doucet
    hester
    steltz
    zenon
    arnold
    flynn

if they enter draft--
    tjackson
    beckwith
    johnson

7. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

It's still really early, and a lot still matters with the combine and pro days and such, but I see it more like this right now.

Dorsey
    T Jackson
    Doucet
    C Jackson
    Johnson
    Highsmith
    Zenon
    Beckwith
    Hester
    Steltz

This assumes all three players projected leave early. I seriusly doubt this happens.

I do not see Flynn getting drafted, but I think he has an outside shot. Arnold has no chance thanks to his injuries.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I think Early's stock will shoot up around the National Championship game. Dorsey and Highsmith are pretty stable and their draft status should not really change.

Our DB's, Jackson, Steltz and Zenon, will all move up or a down a significant margin based on their forty times.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

even considering the injury, doucet has been unimpressive. even with a better than expected 40 time this will hurt him. highsmith, cjackson and maybe hester will go before him.

if arnold's physical is ok, someone will take him. some, here, have said that he's physically good to go.

10. gunlap

gunlap Founding Member

Good stuff. Thanks!