LSU faces UAB, then Arizona

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

UAB will guard you when you get off the bus. They are a version of Nolan's 40 minutes of hell. Good point guard in Squeaky. They have had some injuries down the stretch. Will be a very tough opponent for us if we have 15 to 20 turnovers. Our inside game should kill them. Last year we beat them handily in New Orleans. After that, they went on to beat Kentucky and reach the sweet 16. LSU was the only team in UAB's history that had not played them in the SEC prior to our Sugar bowl trouncing.

2. RaleighTiger

RaleighTiger Founding Member

Stoudemire scored 37 last night - but he's all thye've got good as he is...

:geauxtige - It's doable but B Bass needs to be seen and heard

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

stoudemire isn't the only stud on arizona, they got a channing frye and a couple other players that are capable of putting up points, and stoudemire is easily the best shooter in the country...better than Redick by a long shot....he's shooting over 50% from 3-pointers and for FG %, and is shooting >90% for FT shooting

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

ESPN is call the UAB upset in the first round .... f cking homos

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

that doesn't make any sense at all....LSU is playing its best bball of the year, just finished off a 7-1 run losing to UK...and they're pickin freakin UAB over us.....

6. Jeffinbama

UAB can be like going to the dentist.. you can get drilled. Shouldn't happen, but this is madness.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

do they play on a blue court up there in canada i mean boise

8. Jeffinbama

that was pretty good...

9. peterkylesen

peterkylesen Freshman

I think LSU is one of the top 15 teams in the country right now, but we will see.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Arizona is a good team if they show up. Salim can shoot lights out if he lets it come to him but if he starts to force it, it can get real ugly for them real fast (last three minutes of the wash game). I don't know if I would go as far as say he is better than Reddick, maybe 1 and 1a. They have a few big men, but chinning is the only one that can play in the post, but I think big baby will be able to push him around, Frye might have an advantage when it comes to technique. Radenovic is still learning how to play and fox is just a big body down low that can get a few rebounds and some points. Some of the time they will play small and put hissing Adams at the four, he is small but can jump out the gym. When they do this they look to run, but I think we have to speed to keep up. They aren't really deep, maybe three guys that get consistent playing time. Rodgers is solid player that can guard and hit the three. McClellan is a good player and can score some points, well see how he does in his first tournament. The bottom line on them is that they will go as far as Salim can carry them. He is immature (was kept out of the Marquette game for failure to follow senior expectations) and can get rattled if things don't go the right way. If things go right, he can make them from half court.