LSU faces UAB, then Arizona

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 13, 2005.

1. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

I dont know where you heard ESPN is picking UAB over LSU. They said that this is going to be the most exciting games in the first round, due to the running and gunnung of UAB and our fast paced guards.

2. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

I agree with whoever said they would rather LSU as the 6 in the Austin Region.

We beat UTEP, I think we beat Oklahoma, get another crack at Kentucky, in Austin, I think we win that, we're in the elite 8.

As is, I'm going to have a hard time picking LSU over Arizona in any of my brackets.

Arizona's losses this year in the Pac-10 were more due to boredom than lack of execution. They went up like 22-4 on Arizona State before just sleepwalking their way through a one point win. Their team chemistry is sort of like UNC's however, more a team of individuals, than a team.

And once again, Duke gets a way easier region then they should have.

Syracuse should have been the 3 seed in Austin, Duke would have had to beat Mich State and Syracuse in my opinion. Now Mich State and Syracuse play each other, which is a crime.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You sure about that? I seem to remember playing them back in the early 80s
    when Gene Bartow was their HC.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

as someone mentioned, brady OWNS arizona. i remember shalacking them by nearly 30 in '99...then in '02 (i believe) we beat them by a 1 pt (again, i believe, but could be wrong) margin when they were ranked no. 1

5. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Weren't both of those at home though?

I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm just saying we can't look past them, like those two dudes for ESPN did. I almost fell off my sofa, when somebody said, "looking ahead, that will be a great matchup with LSU and Oklahoma State"

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Unless Nick Saban takes John Brady's place on the sidelines Thursday, LSU should beat UAB. :yelwink2:

Youse guys think those Aggies of Utah St. have a shot at knocking off Arizona?

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I'm not going to say thay can't, but lets just say as long as Mike Stoops doesn't replace Lute Olsen they should win.