LSU Falls Only 2 Spots

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Nov 8, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Pretty surprised with this but good to see the voters are taking notice of the game we played yesterday minus the miscues and horrible calls.

LSU from #9 to #11 in Coaches Poll.

But of you know they had to put USC above us...

USATODAY.com

2. Rex C.

Rex C. member

I would LOVE a chance to play USC in post season - any chances of that??

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

nope

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Sure there is. Alabama loses to Auburn & Florida. LSU wins out. USC wins out. Both play one another in a BCS bowl.

5. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

USC lost by 27 to Oregon and Lost to Washington who LSU beat. How do you justify ranking them above LSU? Kind of a rhetorical question I know the answer.

6. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

Bama is coming off a big game and has to go to Miss St next Sat......I look for Miss St to upset Bama.......than Fla beats em in the SECCG......

7. UABAlum

UABAlum Freshman

LSU >> USC. LSU has losses to undefeated #1 and #3. USC lost to unranked Washington and a 2 loss Oregon who lost to Standford. IMO, LSU > Ohio State and should be ranked about 8th.

1 person likes this.
  8. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

tOSU has Iowa Sat at home.....They jumped for 16 to 8 after beating Penn St. yesterday.....not saying they should be 8th; however the Iowa game Sat. will tell the tell on Ohio State.........

9. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

USC with a 7/2 record is ranked #10 (847 PTS) while LSU with a 7/2 record is ranked #11 (838 PTS). Fact of the matter is that’s almost a tie.

If we feel bad about having USC ranked just above us, how do you think Oregon fans must feel being ranked #16 (665 PTS) with an identical 7/2 record having sounding beaten USC just last week? What matters most to voters is that both Oregon and LSU just lost while USC just won.

It seems to me that human nature looks for “simple truths” and weighs the “now” over even the most “recent past” without having the time to do sound reasoning.

A US Senator, with the help of a few cocktails, said, “I meet supporters of a bill who present the most compelling argument that a particular bill is a great bill and deserving of my vote. Next day, I meet with a different group who clearly demonstrate that the same bill is terrible and in no way deserving of my vote. Often, I think that how we vote in the senate is more a function of who we last talked to than anything else.”

1 person likes this.
  10. GB-Tigers08

GB-Tigers08 Founding Member

Suprizingly...the AP poll has LSU ranked ahead of USC and Ohio State!!! It's about time they get it right!!! It's only been 6 years!!!:geaux: