LSU Fan Behavior

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Alright, alright, we aint gonna have Tubbervillians & Bammers pissin on each other on a .................................LSU board. The thread police is gonna getcha.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Look, dude, don't go away mad, ok? Just GO AWAY.

3. Bama My Heart

Bama My Heart Founding Member

Why

I only made a statement on this board about what has happened at other schools, and that Auburn fans have played a part...and that they should not be so sensitive and talk about other fans when they have some that are just as bad. I never called you names or said anything that did not happen....
    You're right we do need to win a game, and believe me we will, and I hope it's this year, but I don't think that it will happen by me coming on this board and challenging you. I really don't want to use someone else's board to argue with Auburn fans. The only reason that I even responded was because I enjoy reading other boards, and I was tired of everyone saying that LSU fans are so bad. I have never been treated badly there , and wanted to state that. For that matter I have never been treated badly at Auburn either.
    Don't you agree that it's more fun to win on the field and not in a word match?

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

A final word. I tried to make a positive comment in my original post (read the first couple of lines). The only point I was trying to make was that it is NOT just Auburn fans saying negative things about the 1% of LSU fans that cause problems. I used your own AD's comments on an LSU website to support the point. Then I get flamed to hell and back. Did ya'll make the same responses to Coach Bertram after he wrote the article. I didn't realize that so many of the 1% were posters here :)

In any event let me make a couple of final comments:

1. I do know the vast majority of LSU fans are great. That includes some friends and relatives of mine.
    2. I do know Auburn has it's share too. I was only trying to tone down the hatred that is developing in this rivalry. I will continue to do everything I can to stop this. I will even talk to Coach Tuberville. I will see him soon at an alumni meeting. I hope some of you will do likewise.
    3. Thanks to those of you who responded intelligently, even the ones who didn't agree.
    4.I will go out of my way to make the LSU fans coming to Auburn in Sept. welcome and come to their support if I see any Auburn fans exhibiting uncalled for behavior.
    5. Since so many of you asked me to just leave, I will honor that. I won't post anymore until maybe football season is here, maybe not even then. I will continue to be civil to the LSU fans (some who are here) on my main Auburn board.

See you around. :usaflagwa

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Proud Tiger,

Leaving isn't necessary. As you know it's our policy that all fans are encouraged to post. I certainly don't want this to be a forum comprised merely of LSU fans that all agree with one another.

Sometimes you've got to have somewhat of a thick skin around here, even as an LSU fan.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Proud Tiger we are all just so tired of hearing that stuff, and there really isn't anything anyone of us could do about even if it were all true. And the Auburn poster are all over the internet posting this garbage, go to OSU's site. There isn't a guy I know that deny's that LSU has some idiot fans, probably mor ethan most due to the time of our kickoffs and the amount of achohol cunsumed. But for people to start all of the se vicious rumors and paint the entire fanbase as thugs, hoodlums, etc. is just so stupid. So don't take it so personally but just don't bring it up anylonger either.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

post all you want about sports. if you want to post with your pacifier, leave. its quite simple. organize your auburn greenpeace with tubby on your own board.

9. Proud Tiger

I understand perfectly. At the same time I'm tired of hearing that it's Auburn fans who are spreading all this stuff around and us getting the hate from the LSU fans as a result. That's precisely why I posted Bertram's article regarding Georgia. I just read a post on an Oklahoma board that was as negative as any I have ever seen about LSU fans. I guess it's all how we perceive things to be and perception is a tough thing to change. :(

10. Proud Tiger

Brett, thanks. I'll maybe drop in later but right now I think it's best I cool it. I just seem to unintentionally stir up the tigers here. I will work on weaning myself of the pacifier so I can please tirk. Boy talk about a one percenter. :hihi:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.