LSU Fans in Blacksburg

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DAMNYANKEEHOKIE, Sep 2, 2002.

1. DAMNYANKEEHOKIE

DAMNYANKEEHOKIE Freshman

I can't say enough good things about the how cordial, respectful Tiger fans were. Once again the media blew things out of proportion regarding the brawl downtown. Consider, LSU fans easily hold the record for the most fans from an opposing team ever to visit Blacksburg and STAY for more than game day. As a whole the other teams in the Big Least suck in supporting their teams and do not travel. Can't wait to travel to Baton Rouge in 04'. Agreeing to play 1 for 1 and come to the Burg first took a lot of guts. The Orange Menace to the south has said no to VT numerous times!

2. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. The TV news stations here in Baton Rouge also made a big deal out of the "out of control fans". Made it sound like a brawl. LSU fans are exuberant and live and die LSU Football. We generally travel well also as you can tell. Looking forward to the game here in BR in 04. There will be plenty of different food to eat all over the campus. Big time tailgating here before games and most LSU fans welcome visitors to Tiger Town. Most LSU fans will also welcome visitors to partake in what ever is on the grill or in the pot. Might hear "TIGER BAIT" however, especially outside the statium between it and the Pete Maravich Assembly Center. Thats near Mike the Tigers cage and where the band comes down the hill.
    Geaux Tigers! :)

3. VaBeachHokie

VaBeachHokie Freshman

I'll second that

I was out drinking downtown both Friday and Saturday nights and the LSU fans that I met were very friendly and courteous (with a little friendly jab here and there - but that was all in fun and expected).

I think the events of Saturday night were blown way out of proportion. Blacksburg isn't used to having that many people downtown and I think the 10 or so cops they had working just got really scared and made things get ugly. The local papers jumped all over it because it is big news for a small town.

Can't wait to play you guys again. I plan on trying to make the trip to BR in '04. Hope your home fans are as friendly as the travelers. If so I think I'm in for a good time.

4. Well - speaking for the area my family and friends sit in, it's very friendly. We usually just let anyone come and hang out in our tent and over the year's we've made some really good friends from other schools who always come visit us when they are in town - even some Auburn people :)