LSU fans in Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Feb 10, 2004.

1. DJ

DJ Founding Member

As for Austin, there is a reasonably active LSU alumni group, but nothing like the thousands of LSU alums who live in Houston. They sometimes get together and watch games at the Shoal Creek Saloon or another place whose name I forget on Ben White near I-35.

As for cajun food, Gumbos is about as good as it gets in Austin (I like it, actually). Pappadeaux's is second, and there isn't really a third, although Old Alligator Grill serves boiled shrimp at a good price.

Our news media does not think anything exists outside of the Big 12, so any LSU coverage you get comes by way of CBS, ESPN, or the internet. If coverage is only regional, you are screwed, since local TV stations will carry stinkers like Missouri versus Kansas to avoid showing games with LSU and good SEC opponents. They would broadcast a Big 12 embalming competition before they would show a championship football game in the SEC if they had their way.

However, Austin has many things that make it a pretty cool place to live.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Sorry to upset the Houston Folks. Yes there is no love lost between Dallas and Houston. As far hosting a Super Bowl. Not for awhile. Texas Stadium is a dump. However when will houston ever WIN a Super Bowl (Or a Stanley Cup)...

For those of you in Houston.

Houston es una caja de mierda. Huele, su caliente, nadie habla inglés y el lugar se parece a la guerra del poste Alemania con mexicanos. Dallas está repleta del palo arriba idiotas. Permanezca en Louisiana.

3. TexasTigers

Yes there is a tremendous amount of hot chick in Dallas. I am married (To someone from New Mexico go figure) but when I was single in my 20's North Dallas was a great place to be.

However, the women are dumb as a box of rocks, Most of them will ask you 2 questions first.
    1. How much do you make
    2. What do you drive

And on some occasions, So did you go to UT, SMU or A&M.

I say LSU and then I get the

"LSU ... Like Where is that ?",

Its in Baton Rouge where I am from.

"Baton Rouge, whats that"

Its in Louisiana..

"eeewwww Louisiana, dont they like big Bugs and alligators and stuff.. OOOOhh!!! (short giggle and hair toss) you know that guy from like the TV the arm wrestles Alligators" .

Well no he is from Austrailia

"Australia, wheres that ?"

Its south of Shreveport, so can I buy you a drink.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

How long before Houston runs off another team, and ends up with the most expensive sun roof in the World.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Find out the name of that bar and I'll be on the next plane to Dallas.

6. TexasTigers

Try Champs on Belt Line in Addison or Cool River in Las Colinas,

For your Sundays in the Summer and Fall, try Sneaky Petes on Lake Lewisville....
    Of course it helps if you have a 150,000 worth of boat around you when you pull up.
    I found my Fatigue colored Batteaux with the 15 horse power Johnsonon on the back and the crack white seat was like kryptonite. I could not get any chicks to talk to me. They kept saying I smelled like Fish and my white shrimping boots were off putting.

Both are meat markets, and silcone is around as much as the booze.

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Carsons is good. Anyplace on Lower Greenville on the weekend. We hate Houston in Dallas, don't know why, but we do.

8. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Greenville is an awesome place. Lots of cool bars. It is also close to SMU, so there are a lot of hot, rich college girls running around. As far as the girls outnumbering the guys 3 to 1, that is a bit of an exageration. Girls will occasionally approach you at the bar, but that not is special to Dallas. That would sometimes happen in school and Houston. Girls are just as horny as guys.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

LMAO@ arm wrestles alligators....hahaha

Funny story....haha

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I moved to Houston in June of 2001 and like it so far. I don't have the hatred for Dallas yet but maybe I will after a few more years here. I've always hated the Cowboys but that has nothing to do with the city of Dallas. I like watching the Mavs because of how they play.

Before I moved here, I had an impression of Houston that was neither positive or negative, but just very general. Now it seems like I understand the city better and it has just about everything. If you want to live in the suburbs, there's Katy, Sugarland or North Houston areas. You could live on the outskirts of Houston and never feel like you're in a big city.

It's great to be a sports fan in Houston right now. I've been an Astros and Rockets fan for awhile and both seem committed to winning. Their new pads help interest quite a bit also. DD has made me a Texans fan and Reliant Stadium is awe-inspiring. There's enough to follow between Jan 4th and September so that's all I ask for.

We considered Dallas after finishing school but picked Houston because my wife got a good offer here. My favorite thing about Houston is that I can make it from my house to my parent's house (Lafayette) in just over 3 hours, at least when road construction isn't bad. Tiger Stadium is just over 4 hours away. I don't know exactly how far Dallas is but those extra few hours can make a big difference when you travel home about once a month. For me personally, no complaints yet.