LSU fans in Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Feb 10, 2004.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Driving from Dallas to Baton Rouge (Depending on how you drive) and Road Construction can take anywhere from 7-8 hours...

I have made it in 7, pending my wife does not drink ANY water and I dont have my dogs with me, and the construction on 20 does not suck the life from you (3 hour delay Thanksgiving)

Took 10 hours to get home...

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

From Dallas it is anywhere between 7 to 8 hours to BR based on your speed and where in the metroplex you live.

3. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

I drive from denton to either lafayette or baton rouge. It takes roughly 7 hours (it can be done in less.) I take I35 to I625? to I20 to I49 to I10. Whew!

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

oh...the construction on 20 sucked this year during thanksgiving. We were going to make it home from Reserve in 7 hours, and instead it took 10 hours. what a bad time to do construction on a main interstate.

5. TexasTigers

CornDog, you can Make Baton Rouge from Denton in 7 hours ???

So what its like driving a Porche 911 ????

Thats cooking !!!!

You can probably cut off some time if you take 80 off 635 (Mesquite) instead of 635 all the way to 20. It will save you about 10-15 minutes. Just FYI...

6. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

I leave on a sunday! I20 can suck periodically. But, after living in lafayette and traveling I10 from houston to baton rouge regularly it's nothing compared to the shit the was going on there.

7. Hi-C

Hi-C Freshman

For you DT: 19-10 :)

Although I really do not like it here in Houston and want to go home!!

8. TexasTigers

Have to admit the Cowboys have been brutal to watch in recent years. Yeh I know last year they made the playoffs, but watching Quincy Carter and Hambrick is like watching Paint dry. To be honest I watched as much Houston as I did Dallas just because Houston has Double D......

9. erikdacajun

erikdacajun Freshman

Have you ever been to DIDO'S IN DALLAS? IT's nothing but LSU stuff on the wall. My brother is a '92 grad and lives among many LSU grads in BIG D' and hangs out at DIDO"S all the time. CHECK IT OUT!!

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I've lived in Dallas since July of 1997. It took a really long time for me to accept living away from Baton Rouge, but Dallas is a great place to live.

I live in Plano (about 20 miles due north of downtown), near the really new city of Frisco. Everything up here is upscale, new, and pretty--and the cost of living is very reasonable. Housing isn't any more expensive than B.R., but the property taxes are killer (over $200 a month on my house.)

Dallas women are disgusting silicone-filled predators, who crave money. None of my female friends in Dallas are FROM Dallas because women from other places can't stand the natives. The guys are pretty cool--I'm married to one and friends with all of his male friends from high school and college.

The ultimate statement about Dallas is this: when I went to Presbyterian Hospital in labor with my daughter, my husband and I could have parked our car in the garage at the hospital ourselves, or used the valet parking service. Valet parking--at Labor & Delivery! That's Dallas...we opted for do-it-yourself parking and came out just fine with a darling little girl I have to prevent from becoming "a Dallas woman."

As much as I would love to convince my husband to find a job in Baton Rouge, the quality of life in Big D is better, as are the job opportunities and the public schools (outside of the Dallas ISD, of course.)

I used to be able to make it to B.R. in 7 hours from Dallas (I always take 190 at Opelousis and don't go all the way the Lafayette; it means you go over the old bridge at Airline Hwy.) Now that I have a 2 and a half year old, we have to stop in Natchitoches to break up the trip, so it's usually about 8.5 hours.

For Thanksgiving this year, we knew about the construction and took Hwy. 80 from Marshall to past the construction area. It only added about 30 minutes to the trip, as opposed to the 3 hour delay we had the year before.