LSU favored by 4 over Texas A&M

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Nov 17, 2013.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A 4-hour concert? Did your daughter join Springsteen's band?

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I rarely if ever bet on LSU because there is often emotion and irrational decision making.
    However in this case it is a win win.
    I for one really believe LSU will not win this game. Not because I am not a fan of LSU. I just don't feel this is our year. I am not a fire miles type. I don't really blame Miles we play in a tough conference with teams who also recruit, watch film and have great facilities. We are going to lose games just like they are. I am not infatuated with Bama. I don't want to be a Bama fan I am an LSU fan. With that I accept we will win some and lose some. Plus at the end of the day it is just a game. It doesn't define my happiness. We just don't have the horses on defense to keep up with A&M. I will be cheering for LSU and if they win I will Gladly lose the money. As I said its a hedge bet. No matter the out come I will be happy.

didit likes this.
  3. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

A&M 2 LSU 3 in a defensive battle...

lsu-i-like, KyleK and StaceyO like this.
  4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

im really confused by this line, explain please?

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Good God, no. Get this: in Plano, the kids go to high school in 9th/10th grades and then senior high school in 11th/12th grades. So...she is participating in a concert at her future high school. There are 400 kids in band in 7th and 8th grade at her middle school, so they are broken into 3 bands. Two other middle schools will feed into that high school and have similar numbers of band students. I have NO IDEA how many different band groups there are at the high school level, then the drum line and concert band from the senior high are also performing.

As I said, kill me now...please.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

the fact that LSU very rarely loses at home under Les Miles

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

But when they do what time is the kickoff?

You guessed it, 2:30 with the exception of maybe 2 times I can remember. 2010 Florida 2012 Alabama both were the number 1 teams in the nation and the kickoff was 7.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What were you expecting the point spread to be, keeping in mind 3 point is always given to the home team?

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

FWIW, the average this year is roughly 2.8. There are some teams which carry a home field advantage of as much as nine / ten points.

LSU isn't carrying one of the largest home field advantages this season just like last year. You have to remember these are calculated using both away games and home games in respect to average points scored.

Going into this season OU has the strongest home field advantage and FSU was the lowest.

Predictionmachine has been tracking these numbers since 2000 and LSU comes in at 88th out of 120.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Being that I know this team and I've watched A&M I'd say I wouldn't bet on LSU unless they were getting 10 points.

So A&M with 3 seems like easy money.

Richdog likes this.