LSU finishes in a virtual tie for 3rd place Composite Rankings

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 4, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Many times a high school coach will call a college coach and tell him about a kid. It may start early in the 8, 9th or 10 grade, but they know.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  2. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Obviously LSU knew about MC because of course LSU has by far the best coaching connections in the state of LA. But if I remember correctly, LSU was MC's only major offer. BTW, I ultimately saw a crude, short video of Claiborne's highlights as he was playing his main position of QB...maybe like 3 minutes? I believe what ultimately occured late in the process is Fair Park borrowed some video equipment and made some highlights of MC. But add in lack of video, playing in NW LA, not exactly a hot bed of tons of recruits, and playing for a school that hadn't made the playoffs in literally 15 years to that point, well, you get the drit.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree that kickers are not rated properly. Long snappers are probably rated as offensive linemen and may not be a 3-star blocker, but some credit for snapping could be added. The problem for special team players is that they play so few downs per game that many coaches feel that a scholarship is wasted on them. They'd rather rely on walk-on kickers and snappers. Les thinks differently and we have had some very good kickers and snappers to show for it. I also thinks he does it to get some white faces on his increasingly black team.

Brian, EyeoftheTiger 2015 and tirk like this.
  4. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Cameron Gamble agrees with you. You really believe that Les cares about skin color on his team?

5. titoabad1

titoabad1 Contributing Member

I don't have any idea whether or not Les cares but diversity is rarely a bad thing.

Brian and red55 like this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He has to. All LSU departments have diversity policies to attend to. Have you noticed that scholarship athletes are 90% black and walk-on's are 90% white? You think there might be a reason for that?

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I tell parents all the time, your kid loves football, loves to play the game, wants to be on the field, etc. Get them into a camp. Google Chris Sailor kicking. He rates the players this year, the Gonsoulin kid is highly rated at both kicking (#2, a 5* player) and punting. And by Chris and Rubio Long Snapping we signed the #1 LS. Most LS in the NFL play 10 years or more. Everyone remembers Brian Kinchens story , retired from the NFL, then called up to tryout for the job, plays in the Super Bowl.

Google Chris Sailor Kicking, there are great write-ups on both players. Chris does a great job, he is well respected in the business.

Brian likes this.
  8. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Genetics

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I agree that camps are extremely important although there are just lots of kids who aren't near one or who can't afford them. Sailer has "open" camps that range from $100-$600 but he does offer "scholarships". Just like skill position camps, his upper tier camps require an invitation and are much more expensive.

Results however, are still mixed. We currently have 3 Sailer products on our roster and 2 of them mostly suck. I am also aware that politics and personality exists among some of these camp owners and communities/parents. Sailer has been accused of playing favorites and if you cross him, he'll knock a kid way down his own rating list.

10. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Commenting on race issues is not exactly productive. I am making a JOKING response to your question. Uh, maybe all the black guys already had schlolarships? :p

tirk likes this.