LSU-Flordia game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Oct 7, 2006.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Maybe you didn't see the replay, the ball was 5 yards behind him and high. Russell is another one of those QB's with all the physical talent in the world that will never lead any team to the promise land.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Did you see that rocket of a dropped pass?

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Unfortunately this statement was true for him all throughout high school. Williamson always got upset come playoff time while J-Rock looked average. When he's super, he's REALLY super. When he's bad, or in a huge game, he often doesnt look good.

4. scubasky

scubasky Freshman

Boo. How do you instill confidence, and a cool head when the pressure is on into a team?

5. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

What a f*cking disaster this game was, and in so many ways. Hell, I am not even angry about it. Totally out-coached, out-matched, and out-classed. Game didn't start off that way. Folks, LSU lost its composure on the field today. That's the bottom line.

6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I am just sick to my stomach.

I dont mind losing if i feel like my team gives their best effort.

I think these players have to question whether they have the poise to compete when things are tough.

You have to make your own breaks and this team does not know how to do that when things are down to the nitty gritty.

I wish i could blame bad officiating for this loss but in the SEC that is what you get every week. You have to have some guts and some charachter.

Our teams play hard but they do not play football smart.

Why not give Flynn a chance in the third quarter . What did we have to lose . Maybe he provides a spark and he deseves the chance to get this team to play to their potential.

JR is not doing that .

7. HogCity Tiger

HogCity Tiger Founding Member

I guess Aurburn wasn't so tough, we just weren't that good.

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Interesting.....You may be on to something.

9. Tiger Bishop

Tiger Bishop Founding Member

Prediction for next weeks BIG game.

Auburn 17
    Florida 10

Tommy T has already started preparing his team emotionally by taking full responsibility for todays loss to Arkansas. His players will want to vindicate their coach. They will cherish playing the role of the spoiler (for a change).

Florida will have a bit of a let down after two huge wins over Tenn. and LSU. They won't find the crowd in Auburn as friendly as they did today at home.

10. Tiger Bishop

Tiger Bishop Founding Member

Can a team have too much talent? Look at the LSU basketball team last year! A bunch of hometown kids from Baton Rouge went all the way to the final four. Was it raw talent? They beat teams with more talent than they had along the way. It was chemistry! Chemistry! The LSU football team has talent but the chemistry isn't there yet. Is it the coaching? Who knows, but who else can you blame when a football team is not ready to play a BIG game. LSU is 0 for 2 in BIG games this year.