LSU/Florida Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Feb 19, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I must say that it was another enjoyable experience in the PMAC today. The Tigers continue to win at home in front of sparse crowds. The folks who were there were outstanding. They were noisy and gave the Gators hell today. But, with that being said, there is no reason that for a Saturday game against a ranked team the PMAC should only have around 7700. Thats ashame. But, it looks to me like with the team winning that some of the Bashers of this team may come out and support them. If I know how Tiger fans are, they won't miss that game against Alabama on national TV. Or atleast I hope they don't.

In regards to the game itself, minus poor 3 point shooting the Tigers played another complete game. They only played 7 guys in the game but got quality minutes from all of them. Bass again was a beast. But, I will say that Lee made him look bad in the post on more than one occation. That kid played a wail of a game too but eventually ran out of gas. Tack Minor continues to irk and amaze me all at the same time. I hate some of the things he does but he really is a good player. It was funny to see him take his shirt off and stand on the scorers table at the end of the game. But, I think the Tigers need a player like Tack. Not just for what he brings on the court, but for his passion and heart. The guy is emotional and he wears it on his sleeve. I have no problem with that.

It was a physical game and there were def some cheap shots thrown by Walsh against Mitchell. Again, the fans were great. But, there need to be more. Considering what the women brought in for Tenn, It would be nice to see around 11,000 or 12,000 Tuesday. Is that just wishful thinking on my part? Come out and support these kids. They are playing there arses off right now.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

It sure would be nice for those able to attend tuesday night to SUPPORT THIS TEAM!! They are playing like TIGERS... guts, tenacity, desire, and determination... c'mon folks........Get behind this team PLEASE!!!!!!

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Thats what im talkin bout Grad. You rock. People need to watch these boys.

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

If this team can win out, win a game or two in the tournament, then Bass stays, so fans have something to look forward to next year, the PMAC will start to fill up again. Fans will support a winner.

6. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

I have to take issue w/ you , Scrap, on the crowd

I took 2 of my sons with me today, and there was absolutely NO BUZZ until LSU kind of took it over right at the end of the first half.

No one sitting behind the goals even bothered to stand up when FL was shooting free throws UNTIL the second half and it really mattered.

I attended school during the hey days of LSU ball, 79 thru I won't say how long I stayed in school, but today there was no electricity. It was dead as a hammer UNTIL the end of the first half, and the second half was okay.

It shoulda been rocking from ground zero, and I thought is was more than the announced 75-7600 people. Back in the day when Rudy, Hi-C, Cookie Man, The Jet, Leonard Mitchell, and E played it was raucaus.(sp)

Students did a good job, but calling Walsh gay was out of line. Even if he does look like it.

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I agree...It seems taht the fans cant create there own excitement. During time outs it gets really quiet.

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

Hi, you might know me. I'm that obnoxiously loud guy in the back of the student section that is screaming the ENTIRE game. Really gets on my nerves when the rest of the student section can't/won't yell when on defense or when we're trying to do the cheers. Seems like the majority of the rest of the section doesn't warm up until towards the end.

Calling whatshisface gay was funny and you know it. I also enjoyed the "airball" chant every time he got the ball.

9. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

I think the crowd is "sedate" for two reasons:

1. Brady is not a likeable guy, sorry there I said it. He just doesn't endear himself to the crowd the way that Dale Brown used to do it. Dale was a presence on the sideline, he had the great quotes, was such a positive guy and knew how to play to the fans to get them on his side during the week on the sports segment etc...

2. The team wasn't thought of as a contender by ENOUGH people(talking heads, experts, pollsters) to create the buzz needed coming into the year. We need to begin the year ranked in the top 20, talked about constantly. Brady needs to finish strong this year, round of 16, keep Bass in school and make a run next year.

3. Football, when it's going well, dominates all other sports except baseball because it doesn't compete with it for air time and paper space.

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Come on down and get there early. The bottom level had 7 seats in a row empty to my right.. Yes, the bottom level of the student section. Terrible.... '

Airball... I changed that to ******* once he hit Mitchell.... Stupid bastard...:geauxtige