LSU/Florida Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Feb 19, 2005.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i'm shocked that only 7700 showed up. i wouldve bet on 10k. its very sad. but i refuse to believe its because they dont like brady. i hated brown and that never kept me away. and this team is a winner. i guess you need to build momentum to fill the second half---maybe people need more time to plan ahead?

the last two games are very encouraging not only because we beat two good teams, but because we did it without hitting 3s

i, too, want minor to stay on the floor. he's rarely a big detriment and he's often a plus. more pt will improve him for the next two years

wish lazare couldve gotten in there a bit

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Who was it that wanted to fire Brady? Raise your hands please :hihi:
    I know one but I don't mention his name anymore.

Congrats on your win over Fla. Now beat bama!! :thumb:

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

I dunno, I like Brady. Guess I'm in the minority, though. Thought it was really great that after the game he came and spoke to the student section. I didn't catch what he said because the crowd was too loud.

Agree with your other points.

I was probably five rows down from the middle section... and about 10 rows away from the really active students. I was probably the only one in my area that did the newspaper thing during Florida's starting lineup.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I was watching on TV...I shattered the bones in my finger tips on my right middle and ring fingers yesterday at work so the pain meds I'm on wouldn't allow me to drive.

Great game. I could hear the crowd was really into it for the second half. Tack had a pretty good game. Stayed in control for the most part. Nelter didn't make the mistakes he usually does. My son came in about halfway throught the 1st quarter and was mad because we didn't go. I'm sure we will make it Tuesday if my pain is gone.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The first report on actual attendance was around 7700 but by half time it was over 10,000, may have been a lot of late arrivals. The fans looked like they were into the game in the late first and the entire second half. This team is earning their appreciation

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I think the fans get into the game at times. But there isnt a constant "murmur" if you will in the deaf dome. It's like if there is a basket or something the fans make noise. That is normal. But when it gets to a time out, the atmosphere just gets dull. You see other places and student section is always rocking and the people are always jumping. The only people in the section i see doing that are those same guys in the front row everygame. It's ashame that people stay away for whatever reason it is. But, all those "big game" people will show up for Alabama. Basically, all Baton Rouge is is a big game town. The best example is LSU/Tenn. The ladies average 5,000+, but when Tenn comes to town it's filled to the brim. When Alabama comes, all those people who ditched the ship before the Tigers beat State and Florida will come out in numbers. I hate to see what will happen if they lose. If they lose against Bama, they have no chance of ever getting more than 8,000+ in there. You hate to say it's a must win but it is. It's not a must win for there tourney hopes, but it's a must win for the fans to keep faith in the team. Sad but true.

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

I'll bite - my hand is raised. Now...in saying that don't think I don't support the team - I'm there every home game. I just don't think Brady has what it takes to get to the next level. I also know how much lack of respect his players give him - I've gone into this before so I won't rant. Awesome game today - IMO the crowd was 2nd loudest it has been all year.

BTW...Tuesday's game...if you have tickets in the lower and middle sections, LSU is giving away tshirts. LSU wants everyone to wear the tshirts and make an impression on ESPN!

8. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

It is important to note that there were many athletic events going on at LSU today. Softball classic at 12, Basketball at 2, Baseball at four, LHSAA track and field chapionships all-day. with that many events i was personally not surprised with attendance (not everyone can afford to go to every game) though i always hope for more than we can seat
    I am proud to say that i came early and yelled with my fellow students (i honestly apoligize if any were offended by our language... but it wont change anytime soon) and left as soon as it was over to find a seat in coons' corner.

btw. every student got an e-mail this afternoon from Skip about tues. ESPN game v. BAMA so expect full force from us!

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If you're going by games you see on TV, you only see the crowds during game action. They are probably sitting on their hands while you are watching commercials.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I am not a big basketball fan, but it sure is a shame there are so many fair weather fans out there. Maybe now that the Brady Bunch is playing so much better, the luke-warm fans will turn out.