LSU Football All Americans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Mar 22, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The thread that was started about special numbers made me start looking and while I couldn't find a list of All Americans and their numbers I did find this so just thought I would post it.

Nacho Albergamo
    Charles Alexander
    Mike Anderson
    George Bevan
    James Britt
    Michael Brooks
    Billy Cannon
    Warren Capone
    Tommy Casanova
    Wendell Davis
    Robert Dugas
    Ronnie Estay
    Alan Faneca
    Kevin Faulk
    Sid Fournet
    Max Fugler
    John Garlington
    Greg Jackson
    Bradie James
    Bert Jones
    Ken Kavanaugh
    Chad Kessler
    Tyler Lafauci
    David Lafleur
    Todd McClure
    Anthony McFarland
    Eric Martin
    Fred Miller
    Doug Moreau
    Remi Prudhomme
    Josh Reed
    George Rice
    Albert Richardson
    Lance Smith
    Marvin (Moose) Stewart
    Jerry Stovall
    George Tarasovic
    Jimmy Taylor
    Gaynell (Gus) Tinsley
    Billy Truax
    Mike Williams
    Roy (Moonie) Winston
    Corey Webster
    Chad Lavalais
    Skyler Green
    Stephen Peterman

My favorite all time is Tommy Casanova I guess but I would have about 10 or so more right behind him tied for second. Doug Moreau caught a lot of big passes when I was a kid growing up and John Garlington was a hell of D.E. at about 190lbs soaking wet. Mike Anderson was all over the field similar to Faulk and James. We have had some incredible receivers looking at this list and it doesn't include a lot of really great ones like Michael Clayton, D. Henderson, Andy Hamilton, Eddie Kennison, Todd Kinchen and Carlos Carson. I think Gus Tinsley and Moose Stewart were our first All Americans. Billy Truax went to Holy Cross High School and was foolwed by a bunch of cousins and kids. Jerry Stovall missed being our second Heisman winner by a few votes, McFarland was probably the most dominant D-lineman I've ever seen in a Tigah uniform. And of course the guys this year, which are unofficial as they aren't on the list yet at NickSaban.net, I've added on as they were on several teams.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

gonna

try to find a list of all time WR's at Mich State. I never saw a list of all the ones that played in the pros but off the top of my head it is an incredible list.

currently in the NFL, I know derrick mason, charles rogers, plaxico burress, muhsin muhammad are a few. thats quite a list for current WRs. Andre 'bad moon' rison went there also.

I think Mark Ingram went there as well but he is kinda retired.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who is George Tarasovic? I have heard of everybody on your list except for him.

4. cajdav1

He was a center that made All american in 1951.

5. tirk

russian diplomat for the US during the cold war.... also

George Tarasovic Defensive End / Line Backer / Center
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Played for Steelers.

245lbs in 1950? yikes.

Height: 6-4
    Weight: 245
    Born: May 6th, 1930
    Hometown: Bridgeport, CT

College: LSU
    Years Played:1952, 1953, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960,
    1961, 1962, 1963

damn he was in college a long time. musta been a slow learner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wore jersey #50 in 1952, #'s 53/56/and 63 in 1956, #52 from 1957-1958, #82 in 1959, and Unknown what #'s worn in 1953 and from 1960-1963.

Pro
    An all-around player who spent two years in the service... Great star at LSU... Fast for his size... Star in Blue-Grey game... Has operated at center, defensive end and linebacker... Has the size and speed to make him one of the best in football.

link

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Hard to believe Dalton Hilliard isn't on that list. Of those on the list my favorites would be Eric Martin, Booger, Josh Reed and Alan Feneca. All of those guys were pretty low key yet great players that led more by example than verbaly :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

7. cajdav1

Tirk, would you mind posting that web address, I think I had it on my old computer as I use to go to a site with all of that info but cannot find it.

Thanks.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

My favorite players on that list:

James Britt - member of the original "Soul Patrol" (remember them? Charlie Mac's last secondary) that featured future pro stars Marcus Quinn, Willie Teal, and Chris Williams (another of my all-time favorite Tigers).

Lance Smith - I'll never forget the first time I ever saw this guy up close and in person...it was at an LSU football barbeque when he was an incoming
    freshman. I ate with him and Karl Wilson (I was in 10th grade at the time)
    and I can remember watching with awe all the groceries big Lance put away, and how I thought he was the biggest human being I had ever seen.

Michael Brooks - LSU's answer to LT...possibly the most explosive linebacker
    to ever wear the purple and gold. This guy could flat out dominate an
    entire football game.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Tyler LaFauci lives near my parents. He is a great guy. The first time I met him was at a crawfish boil the spring before I moved to Dallas. His stories about being recruited by Bear Bryant were great.

10. tirk

which link? the one on Tarasovic? its there....tell me if it doesn't work for you.