LSU Football Disrespected again!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Jul 4, 2004.

1. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LOL, I actually thought it was worse than it really was.

With a new QB and new "key" personnel coming in I for one am always happy when
    we have a football game in January.
    I remember too many seasons when we didn't.

I'm not saying we won't play in a BCS bowl but anytime you play in a bowl game in January its been a good year!

BTW, Auburn was picked #1 and I read a magazine last summer this time that had Arkansas up there as well and it didn't happen!

3. msully

msully Founding Member

It will be hard for LSU

WE are in the SEC college football's best . Week in and week out we play the best
    This year the Tigers will have to play better every week than they did in their best game of last year . I still think that the National Champs will come out of the SEC again in 2005. I am working trying to get my mojo working on S Cal in their 1st game . Okla they are not going to be in the Championship game they will lose 2 games this year. click here to see what I tell my wife everyday at least 10 times a day

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They pick the Tigers to go to the Capitol One Bowl. The CO Bowl is one of the bigger secondary bowls behind the big 4. To get the the CO Bowl would probably mean that LSU got to the SECCG and lost. I'm not going to take this as a dis like if they had predicted the Independence Bowl

5. msully

msully Founding Member

A good year

The Tigers will have a good year this team is going to have to jump out at the start and keep a 55 gallon of kick butt on the sidelines for each game .The Eyes of Love

6. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

even if....and thats a big if....we dont happen to make it to a bcs bowl just think of all the young talent we have coming back next year and the key losses georiga will have? I am really feeling sorry for next years sec because i really dont see us coming close to losing a game at all next year

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yeah, I agree. When I read the heading, I thought, "Oh, no! What?! We're slated to go to the Independance Bowl?!?!"

Capital One isn't too shabby. I mean, it's the SEC's #2 team (which basically means the loser of the SEC title game).

If we're to have a "drop off", a Capital One showing isn't exactly something that would send me to jump off the Huey P. Long bridge.

Lots of publications are picking UGA to win the SEC (with LSU winning the West). UGA returns Greene, their entire offensive line (which was supposed to be bad last year due to their youth, but actually played very well). Pollack is going to be back (GREAAAAT!!! :shock: ) and their WR's havent lived up to expectations, but are back and another year older.

Contrast that to our situation: what the national media knows is that we lost our starting QB and have nothing but a player with minimal experience that had played perhaps average at best in his playing experience, and Freshman behind him. We also lost our best defensive lineman and argueably our defensive leader as well as our top 2 receivers. They know we're stacked, but all they know is what's on paper.

However, anyone that follows LSU close enough knows that we're loaded.

8. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Cap One is a good bowl, but is it now the SEC#2? Auburn played Penn St. in the Cap One Bowl in 2002-03. We didn't go to the SECCG that year.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Well, the way bowl selection works is that the SEC #2 or SEC #3 is the second and third choice, not place of finish.

The BCS tie-in gets the champion.

Capital One Bowl picks from remaining 11 teams (or 10, if the SEC gets an at large BCS bid as well).

Outback Bowl picks from remaining 10 teams (or 9).

Then Peach, Houston, Independence.

A major factor in selection is proximity to the school, how well fans travel, etc. Its a money thing, as usual.

10. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Quite well? The guy got sacked more times then anyone else in the SEC. :confused: