LSU football - flashy?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Jul 26, 2004.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What I mean by flashy is how good those numbers look when they happened. Now, I wouldn't say LSU was flashy last year, but they looked damn good. Yea, Mauck had some good numbers and was a good QB - but not a "star" if you know what I mean. I don't take this to mean I want a team filled with these cocky little bastards that could care less about their school who are only playing for themselves.

2. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

The only flashy part of our team last year IMO was the fact that our receivers were faster than anyone on the field. The d-line just kicked the krap out of people, unless you call Spears dropping into coverage flashy, the o-line run blocked as well as they pass blocked, the quarterback was pedestrian, the linebackers weren't all glitz, they just knocked the snot out of ya, and the corners were just as nasty as ya get.

To me, flashy is Spurrier or Ralph Friedgen sending receivers in twelve different directions, our team reminded me in style of the Steelers of the seventies.

3. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

Flashy to me is the opposing quarterback being flat on the ground and trying to dislodge the football from his throat so he can breathe.

4. Poodlebrain

Poodlebrain Freshman

What Makes An Offense Explosive?

I think you are all focusing solely on skill position players. Think back to the Nebraska offense of the mid-90's, they sure looked explosive as a running team. Why, because they had a dominating offensive line. I want an offense in which our offensive linemen effectively block the men they are assigned to block. If they do that then every play will be a healthy gain, and we will have an explosive offense.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Flashy is blitzing at least 2 players on passing downs, dropping D-lineman into coverage, thrwoing bubble screens to the quickest WR in the SEC, pulling the offside guard and the center on sweeps leading to 50, 60 and 80 yard runs, running sweeps with your slot back and leading with a fullback and RB as well as the 2 mentioned above, setting up beautiful punt returns, zone blocking on kickoffs, sprint draws tha Addai and Vincent turn into long gains on third down, etc. The only thing flashy I did not like was that spread punt formation.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You gotta love it. Win 13 out of 14 and win the NC and some peoples' children still have coaching complaints.

7. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Who exactly gives a sheot about flashy, if you win THE National Champinsip?!?