LSU football Next Year ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jsberry, Nov 12, 2012.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Wasn't he Dutchtown's valedictorian?

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No top 10. He knocked up a chick in hs which threw him off. His parents made him go to work when that happened. He does have 3 younger brothers though.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Top 10 is still a great accomplishment--especially with having to go to work.

4. PGizle

PGizle Veteran Member

ha should i give a two-deep? fact is its wayyy too early to tell too many position battles need to play out but i can tell u well have quality subs like jordan allen stephen rivers will start to look like a viable option at quarterback , tahj jones will hopefully be back provinding excellent depth at backer but overall i'd say were not gonna be as stout in the 2 deep

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I didn't mean you had to give a two deep. But depth always has a huge role..

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I really, really hope that we are in a position next year to get Stephen Rivers in some meaningful game time to break the cycle of inexperienced QBs (or just not good in the case of the last couple). It would be such a benefit to have a RS junior QB with 3 or 4 quarters worth of game time going into 2014.

BTW, that 6'6", 200lbs recruit is now a 6'8", 225lbs RSFR.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

If Mett continues this new rate of development, we should have plenty of fourth-quarters to burn for Rivers.

Of course, all he'll do is hand the ball off. I say he throws a total of four passes next year.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Keep an eye on Rivers during warmups, he has really good touch on the ball. I keep an eye out before games, Rivers is coming along just fine.

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Oh, my prediction had nothing to do with his ability. I just know how it is when the backup comes in to close things out. Perrilloux threw an absolutely beautiful ball, but he never really got to throw it, with the exception of the two games he started out of neccessity.

10. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

I remember him coming into the V Tech game in relief of Flynn and throwing a perfect 5 for 5 with two for touchdowns. Granted that's not a lot of pasing in about a quarter and a half , but for a QB sent in for mop up/game reps/protect the starter, he was throwing and making the most of it. I like the idea of letting a backup run the offense in a relief role as he would be expected to in replacement mode.