LSU Football or Wedding?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Mar 25, 2004.

1. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

I have horrible, terrible, disastrous, news........ My one and only brother is getting married on October 9th, the day of the LSU @ Florida game that I was planning on attending. (NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!) And just to add injury to insult, the wedding is in Los Angeles, the home of the U Suck California school for the busted condoms. And then on top of that, the very next weekend is OPEN DATE!! I think my family's priorities are slightly out of sync. Woe is me...... I wanna cry........

GEAUX TIGERS!!! BEAT FLORIDA!!!!

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Will the reception be a Catholic one, or a Baptist one?

Better yet...Will the SERVICE be a Catholic Mass or a Baptist wedding?

My friend told me the other night as we sat watching another friend getting married at Parkview in Baton Rouge...

"Man, you can't show up late to a Baptist wedding...It's like riding through Live Oak back in the day...You blink your eyes, and it's over..."

If it's an open bar, or a "Catholic" reception, I'd say that you could always "dull the pain" by "tailgating" in your mind out in SoCal...But, I dunno...tough call...Isn't that what they made video cameras for?

3. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

No question about it, football game. That sucks when people get married during football season and especially during a home game. That's very selfish of them. They should take into consideration that most people are football fans. Since it's your brother, you should give him an earfull.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If my brother was so thoughtless as to get married on the day of an LSU football game I would no longer have a brother

5. rookie

rookie Founding Member

Either the brother isn't an LSU fan or he has no balls. No way in hell any football fan gets married in the fall. Not to dog your brother but seriously, at least wait for an open date. Of course, this is LA and noone really gives a rat's a$$ about football save the 3K USC fans.

6. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Football. Your brother should have planned ahead.

7. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

Go to the game. Those inconsiderate a$$es should have thought ahead :cuss: . Better yet, talk your bro into dumping the chick and going to the game with you. He'll thank you for it down the road.

8. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

My philosophy is that if you really wanted me to be there then you wouldn't have scheduled it on one of the 14 out of 365 days:dis: in the year that the Tigers will play a game.:cool:

9. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

great philosophy... :grin: :grin:

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

dude!

this exact scenario happened to me last oct 11. LSU vs florida. i went to the wedding. and we all know how the florida game came out. i did not perform my fan duties and it cost us big time. you cannot go to the wedding. going to the wedding could have disastrous consequences. i speak from personal experience.