LSU Football or Wedding?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Mar 25, 2004.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

you are a selfish jacka$$. If you would have just gone to the game we probably would have won. I hope you have learned from your experience!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That girl is a future problem wife if she'll let your brother get married on the day of an LSU football game. I was married during football season, too--on an open date (and that was during the horrible 1999 season). AND I don't even live in Baton Rouge or have season tickets, but I don't miss watching any games. Plus, half of my family would've boycotted any football gameday wedding!

3. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

ANY friend/relative of mine would take out the next 3 years of LSU football schedules and let his wife KNOW that these home dates are NOT ALLOWED for ANY wedding activities.

If he fails to do that, I feel under NO OBLIGATION to go to the wedding.

One friend who was getting married in Indianapolis, got married the week of the Notre Dame game in South Bend so that we could make it a double dip. NOW, THAT'S a friend!

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

In 1971 or 1972 my sister told my dad what day she was going to be married, which just so happened to be the day of LSU/Toolame. He said that was great and he would be happy to pay for it but that he thought she would want him and her 2 brothers to come to the wedding. She changed the date the next day. :shock:

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I don't know if I'd put the onus on the brother quite so fast there, Peabody.
    After all, weddings are for the bride...they're the ones who do most of the planning. The brother doesn't dare say a word...he's the guy, which automatically puts him in the wrong.

6. gsolis1

gsolis1 Freshman

Got the same problem. My wedding is scheduled on October 2nd, the day of the GA game. I told my groomsmen that it will be an early game, so we can watch the game before the wedding. But, they still aren't happy with me. Just bad planning. I thought about renting a plane to take us to the game, but then I wouldn't come back :) :)

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

First thing you do is rip your brother, telling him that he made a poor decision to wed someone who thinks a wedding between Sept 1st and Jan 10th is acceptable.

Next, you go to church and begin praying that kickoff will be at a time other than wedding activities. 2:30 CBS kickoff is 12:30 on the left coast. Hopefully, the wedding will be in the evening. Even if it was a 7pm kickoff, that's a 5 pm on the left coast. You could catch the first half at Hooters in your tux.

Third, if there is a definite conflict between LSU and the wedding, rent a car with satellite radio. Visit the car frequently during the reception. And if its a baptist reception, you would need to visit the car frequently anyway.

Fourth, rip your brother a new one again and again. Year in and year out for such foolishness. Our friends got married the day of the Auburn game a few years back. Ironically, we were just giving them the business about it on the email a few minutes ago.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

this is a really common problem. women sure are crazy to get married on game days! this has happened to so many people i know.

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Don't ANY of you guys out there WEAR PANTS???

I suggested our wedding date to make sure that the following would occur...

I planned that after our wedding was held here in Pacific Grove,California we took a nice Amtrak sleeper car back to La (very relaxing), then attended the A&M game on 9/29/90...

GREAT GAME - my bro got us tickets on the 50 about 5 rows down from the press box (supposedly from a state senator)...

Great 17-9 upset with a great Todd Kinchen punt return...

The new bride had a GREAT time at the tailgate before...

Then we had a HUGE reception the next day at my brother's for all of my huge family that couldn't make it to Cali for the wedding...

And after 14 years, now when I tell my wife about an LSU event that I can't miss, either in person or on TV, she COMPLETELY understands...

...well, almost always :D

10. friday

friday Founding Member

dude -there's more to life than just a football game...but then again that's why we have tv's. it took me a while to realize that. who knows, maybe you'll meet a hottie brides maid there! (if you're married, ignore that last comment)