LSU Football or Wedding?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Mar 25, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!!!

2. bayareatiger

I beg your pardon, sir.

This is an LSU forum.

REAL LSU men WEAR PANTS.

That first line alone should refer you DIRECTLY to:

http://www.marthastewart.com

Pick out some nice pillowcases, OK?

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

To LSU fans, there isn't much more to life during football season. My husband is constantly irritated with me at that time of the year.

In '02, he invited a co-worker, his wife, and his son over for dinner at our house the night of the Alabama game. In retrospect, I guess I could've missed it. But he was angry that I insisted that we order takeout because (though I'm a great cook) I WASN'T cooking and because I was GOING to watch the game even if his friend's wife wanted to sit around and talk about girl stuff (which I hate even when it isn't football season--guys are usually more fun to talk to...)

4. bayareatiger

Stacey I don't even know you but YOU ROCK.

A true LSU fan WOULD NEVER let everyday life precede a TIGER football game!!!!

WELL DONE!

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You could catch the first half at Hooters in your tux.

Third, if there is a definite conflict between LSU and the wedding, rent a car with satellite radio. Visit the car frequently during the reception. And if its a baptist reception, you would need to visit the car frequently anyway.

:grin:

6. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I was at a wedding the night of the SECCG. Me and about 10 other guys were crowded around a 10 inch TV the whole reception. I feel your pain.

7. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

How big is that ring in your brother's nose? Do you love him? If so, do him a favor and tell him to ditch the chick while he still has a chance. Then give him some lessons on being a man. But since you have to pose the question about what to do, you might have a problem with that.

If all else fails, make sure you give him some information from Planned Parenthood about birth control because these guys obviously don't have a clue as to how to properly plan for anything. Financial planning info might be helpful as well.

We'll pray for you!

8. bayareatiger

This thread reminds me of a story - I was at a friend's wedding the night of the great Charger - Dolphin OT playoff game in 1981...

..the wedding started 45 minutes late because my friend (the groom) was with the best men watching the game...

NONE of the wedding party was Charger or Dolphin fans...

...just football fans watching a great game (and slurping down a couple in the back of a Catholic church :D)

We were P*SSED that the wedding started so late but when we heard the story about why it did we all laughed...

...and then were p*ssed that we missed such a great game..

...even the bride didn't care...

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My dad, who was a longtime high school football coach, was forever angry that his best friend got married on New Year's Eve night (when Alabama and somebody were playing for the NC in the Sugar Bowl.) He told me right then and there that I had better consider smart scheduling when it came time for me to get married.

So, in addition to not getting married on an LSU football weekend, my dad was worried about missing key late-season games on my wedding day (11/20/99). I was smart, though, we got married at 6 p.m., and most of the day's games were already over. Dad stayed at the hotel and watched several games while we women decorated the restaurant where I was married and had our hair done. And while most of the guys went with my husband to play golf.

10. bayareatiger

I was at a friend's annual Christmas party here in Cali the night of the 2001 SECCG...

...they ALWAYS put on a great spread and throw a great party (50+ people)...

...I told my friend THE ONLY WAY that I would attend would be if I could watch the game...

...upon arrival I commandeered the big screen (much to his wife's dismay) and met his new neighbor from across the street...

...a very classy and attractive lady...

...who happened to be an LSU grad from Marksville... :D

...we both proceeded to ignore our spouses and everybody else at the party and revel in OUR GREAT WIN THAT NIGHT!!!!!

...the Anchor Liberty Ale on tap(Ahhhhh) went down smoothly that night....