LSU Football or Wedding?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Mar 25, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

heh I got a pic of his brother.

2. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

Tell your brother he was adopted and you'll give him a nice gift and moral support. :grin:

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I heard a story about a guy who graduated from LSU. Then he got a job up north. The job was decent....nothing with great pay. He saved his money and finally had enough to buy a round trip Greyhound bus ticket to BR and back...plus enough for a ticket and meals. He was smart enough to go to a game that had little meaning. That way the ticket was reasonable. When he got there, he had to sit way up in the end zone. As he scanned the stands with his glasses, he saw a man sitting alone with an extra seat by him on the 50 yard line. At halftime, he made his way down to the extra seat. He asked the man, "Why would this great seat be vacant?" The man explained that he and his wife had had these seats for fifty years, but that his wife had passed away. The visiting graduate offered his condolences but asked, "Couldn't you get a relative or friend to come with you?" The elderly man said, "No!!!!!They all wanted to go to the funeral." :D :D :D

4. BengalBelle9119

BengalBelle9119 Founding Member

I have told all of my kids that weddings, births of babies, etc. will not be allowed during football season. Thank goodness I raised all 4 properly and they are just as fanatical as I am about LSU football. Only one so far has married and it was in April! I'm sure the others wouldn't even think about marrying less than an LSU fan, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Edited to add that my first grandson was born early in August.....good daughter-in law!

5. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Years ago a friend of mine wife went into labor 4 hours before kickoff. He dropped her off a hospital and went to the game. Went back to hospital and met his baby. Still happily married.

6. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

That's diehard for you right there. I don't know what I would do in that situation. I would be extremely mad if I had to miss the game. If I ever get married and have a baby, I figured out to try to get her pregnant in November or so, so the baby would be born probably in July or August. I wouldn't have to miss anything.

7. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

No brainer. Go to another game. Get TIVO to record it. If it was anybody but a brother,sister or best friend, I'd say "Enjoy your wedding" to them....

8. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

I told my roommates that they have to tape the game for me and I'll also be calling my friends in the band during the game as well. Also, my future sister in-law is symathetic to my plight and understands my need to watch the game:
    I just hope she has some fine looking cousins who I can turn into some Tiger Fans.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I made sure all 5 of my weddings were in the spring before baseball started!!!

10. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

You know....

leave it up to a freakin woman to schedule a wedding on a Saturday during football season. LMFAO I feel for you bro....

By the way, I hope we kick the living &*%^(*&*& out of the Gayturds that night. We owe 'em one don't we?