LSU Football schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jun 20, 2015.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Who in the West can't say that?

Mississippi State has the best argument as to why they can't win a few of their games...Ole Miss not too far removed from their perch.

The eastern division doesn't look to be on par with the western division again this season. But, the parity on that side of the conference isn't much different than this side.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

tirk likes this.
  3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

From my experiences, you need workhorse, devoted type players to carry you through the rough times of the season. Guys who look at games like they are a band of brothers going into war together. Those guys lay everything on the line for their teamates. Those guys who are mindful both on and off the field.

Answer this, and be honest with yourself. Has anyone who has wore the 18 jersey after Jacob Hester really been the type of football player Hester was? The answer for me is a resounding no.

I believe there has been a trend where prima donnas are now who's leading the team and along with the clueless water head that's not a recipe for continued success. No real QB, no positive leadership on the team, too many prima donnas, and players with run-ins with the law, is what brings on the 4 and 5 loss seasons and worse if the talent level starts dropping. Ask Larry Coker.

Leslie is not capable of pulling these players back together when the shit starts hitting the fan, nor does he have players who care enough about the overall team in order to help him out. The prima donnas love him cause they can get away with all kinds of crap, still play, and have a chance at the NFL. Plus they get to laugh at him when he does stuff like that ridiculous Harlem Shake YouTube video.

Hopefully we start getting more real football players in Baton Rouge before Leslie hangs up the whistle.

Richdog likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You know I'm the leader of the band when it comes to piling on Leslie but I need to disgrace a bit here. I have said this before so here it is again.

If you look at our 2 and 3 deep at most positions you will find a bunch of guys that could probably start at a very many number of schools elsewhere. To keep that kind of talent not only here but content for the most part is one hell of an accomplishment. Same can be said for a couple of other coaches with comparable rosters. I give him credit for that.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Have you ever posted a positive comment about LSU or do you only come to let of steam when your use team is so weak?

6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I love the university and the program. I was, for a very long time, a college football fanatic. Not so much now, because of the direction it is going.

I can admit, It is not easy to have the success Les has achieved, but there are issues that I believe hold the team back and will not be beneficial in the long run. I want to see continued success, not just watch the team end up like Miami or Texas and say, "well it was fun while it lasted."

Bengal B likes this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

while I can see remission when it hits me in the face I can also see that 103-29 and a crystal football means CLM is here to stay until
    he goes out on his own terms.

here is the question: if you were miles would you say it's time to go? should you? well "hell no" would be your response. correct?

Richdog likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Miles has accumulated a great resume but greatness isn't always a constant. Phil Fullmer and Mack Brown won national championships and then their programs declined until they were fired. Michael Jordan was consistently great throughour his tenure with the Chicago Bulls but was a shell of his greatness when he went to the Wizards. Tiger Woods was the greatest golfer of our time and now at the age of 39 the question isn't will he ever win another major. It's will he even win another 3 or 4 tournaments to tie Sam Snead's record of 82 tournament wins.

Since 2011 the LSU football program has slowly declined in the product put on the field despite continued great recruiting. Miles has never developed a good QB that he recruited, JaMarcus Russell and Matt Flynn were recruited by Nick Saban. Ryan Periloux might have been great but got himself kicked off the team. Jarett Lee and Jordan Jefferson - meh! Zach Mettenberger fell into his lap as a juco transfer and even though he had two 10-3 seasons it could have been better.

Miles is secure until his buyout becomes low enough to where the powers that be will pay it. He needs to do some serious soul searching and try to regain the fire that led him to his earlier success.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's an interesting reversal from the nineties, when Spurrier and Fulmer went at it like Nick and Les. I see things picking up a bit in the east. I hope Florida flounders for another year or two. We have enough to deal with in the West to have a contender in Florida this season.

The West is a shit sandwich and everybody has to take a bite. State and Ole Myth have stepped it up a notch in the SEC recently . . . but I ain't sure either program has long legs. ArrrKansas and Goddamn A&M want their niches. The Barn, the Gump, and the Who have impressive virtues and lingering question marks.

You going to win any bets this year?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

So slowly that rational people are not worried about it.

ParadiseiNC likes this.