LSU Football schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Were "rational" Romans worried about the slow decline of the Empire? If not they should have been. LSU has the pieces in place at almost every position to compete for the SEC West and national championship but no matter how great the running backs and O line are its meaningless if the defenses don't respect the passing game.

Les has earned the right to try to right the ship but the ship must be righted. And sooner than later. He still has capital but not unlimited capital

Most on this thread predict 9-3 or 10-2. I can see anything from 6-6 to 12-0. None of our opponents have any better talent. Most have QB questions of their own. Auburn, Florida, SC, Alabama and Ole Miss don't have last years starter. A lot will come down to coaching.

2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Miles does not care about LSU.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Man, you are trying to rip whatever that baton is called right out of my hands. Stop it.

If Miles didn't care about LSU I think he would be in Michigan by now (even though I think that deal was done when Herbie broke it and he crawfished and left UM with egg on their face)

End of the day, I think he cares, I think he truly wants to win, I just don't think he is capable of getting out of his own way.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

But we're looking at a fall of run oriented offenses, teams winning on defense, and I'm betting we're also going to see fans of the other Power 5 conference teams talk about no quarterbacks in the SEC.

Does anyone think Dak is even sniffing a Heisman watch list after opening the conference schedule with three road games?

5. mottthehoople

mottthehoople Chaw!

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

What 3 conference games do they play on the road? I see Auburn and Alabama back to back but they have home games on both sides.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I had it in my mind they opened with a conference road game in week two. Setting that mistake aside...

A loss to LSU (I can't see MSU stopping the run,) then on the road against Auburn (here's their secondary coming into the spotlight,) and then they try to avoid a shoot-out in College Station? I don't see that working out too well.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Look at State's schedule for a minute.

It's not hard to chalk the Kentucky game up as a conference win. It's arguable their conference win total stops there and it's just as easy to point to a few games and say they can end 2015 at 4-4 in conference play.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Nearly 20 years ago (Aug '95) I made my only appearance on the local news (BR) being interviewed a few days before the Bring Back the Magic game. While they got my name wrong "Trey Coon", that season was led by talented young players that laid the foundation for the program and united the fan base.

Born during '95 includes Fournette, Dupre, Harris, J. Adams, D. Williams, Pocic, and many others on this team. The coaches have a sense of urgency and the players have a perfect mix of elite talent with something to prove. They will Bring Back the Magic 2.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Miles was scared to go to Michigan because he doubted he could please the powers that be and the fan base. He didnt want to be the longed for and finally found Michigan man who failed the program. Miles isn't a builder we all know that. He does too.

Miles cares about winning and cares about his paycheck. If waterhead entertained any other jobs or used any for leverage against LSU to get a bigger check, in my opinion, that's even more proof he doesn't care about LSU. Miles is here because it was a catbird seat and a chance for the big payday. Once he hangs up the whistle he won't look back.