LSU football season ticket sales reach all-time high...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerWins, Jul 14, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

From The Advocate this morning...

LSU football season-ticket sales have reached an all-time high as 65,500 tickets have been sold for the 2004 season, according to LSU ticket manager Brian Broussard.

Fewer than 50 season tickets for the 2004 football season remain on sale. The tickets, all singles, are located in the south end zone of Tiger Stadium. The season tickets can be purchased in person at the LSU Athletic Administration Building, over the Internet at www.LSUsports.net or by calling 225-578-2184 or 800-960-8587.

The remaining season tickets cost $252, plus an $85 contribution to the Tradition Fund.

So much for all those people who didn't want to pay the surcharge...

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

Yeah, I just hope that student tickets don't sell as fast! I want a chance too! Heh.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

If your an incoming freshman, you better try and get them on the first day they go on sale.

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Nah, this will be my junior year but first time buying tickets via student purchases. I transferred from BRCC to LSU too late last fall and missed out on the chance to do it then. So I'm a bit nervous that I will screw up somehow and not get them. The thing that has me most worried is the limited student section guest tickets.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

As a junior, you'll be fine. You get something like 2 1/2 weeks before the incoming freshman to buy tickets. Usually, you can pretty easily find another student willing to sell their ticket to a specific game. Legally, they can't sell them for more than they bought them for, but if it is a big game - I wouldn't count on it. And buying them online is supposed to be easy... Last year it didn't work for the incoming freshmen, so I don't know exactly what the process is though.

6. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Any idea how many tickets were allocated to Oregon St.?

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Allright, let's break down these numbers:

Approx. 65,550 season tickets are gone.

Approx. 15,000 student season tickets (this was the 2003 figure) are on sale/going on sale soon. All these will, like last year, sell.

Therefore, some 10-11,000 should be available as individual game tix sometime in August.

Or am I off somehow?

In short, I need 2 tix to the Oregon St. game and am plotting my strategery. :)

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

Anyone ever have a problem getting season guest tickets for the games?

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Beaver fans on another site say 5,000, but some LSU types have countered saying it was 7,000.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I think you are close ... they reserve some tickets for family, guests, etc. I've always heard we give 10% (I think this is an SEC rule) to visitors, so that would be about 9,200. Of course, they may not have to give that many to non-conference teams.