LSU Gets #1 Vote in AP Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 2, 2014.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Nope, still don't count.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well you really changed my mind there. With arguing skills like that you definitely should've been an attorney.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And then?

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That is a meaningless comment. Polls are distillation of a season's effort. All the teams at the top deserve to be there because of their performance. Look at the polls over the years the differences are minor so the argument is similar to the debate about how many angels can fit on a pin head.

Before the BCS era different poll results allowed different teams to claim a championship. Yet some polls were not considered valid (except by the Gumps who glommed onto every drunkard's assertion they were champions whether they were close to being considered by mainstream polls. In the BCS ear the acknowledged champion was the winner of the championship game. This was settled when the conferences created the BCS and agreed on the formula.

I'm sure some poll somewhere will decide a team other than the winner of the playoff is more deserving and declare them #1. It will be a joke...the same joke as USCw's assertion in 2003.

What the AP did in 2003 was in effect saying they didn't like the game so they took their ball and went home. Auburn has as valid a claim as USCw for the 2004 championship.

Where the teams end up in the polls in Jan 2015 doesn't validate them it only shows the teams that are the best are pretty obvious.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I have no idea wtf you're rambling on about. Get a grip. That's a bunch of garbage and you obviously missed my point.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Missing the point with flair. Everybody has an opinion, polls reflect various opinions as to "best". They amuse us. "We're number one!"

But the winner of a championship game is a Champion.

Sucker bet that is totally irrelevant to the issue. You got chutzpah, are people really that stupid?

7. J Smoove

J Smoove Veteran Member

That was a wasted vote. This 2014 defense is not that good. SEC play will be ugly. Get the nitro G ready.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I like the AP poll. It's still early, LSU isn't the worst bet at this point. We have a track record under Miles of being damn tough to defeat.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

4 of the 6 playoff teams? What you been smoking?!