LSU gets 2 preferred walkons

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 2, 2011.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The silence on Hill is deafening. I'm concerned we're going to quietly greyshirt him later in the month. I don't want that dude anywhere near our program.

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

You don't have to be a "preferred" walk-on to get a scholarship.

It is a name given to a player a school wants but ran out of ships to make the guy feel better about being recruited. If he can't play, he won't.

At some schools they put the BEST players on the field, they don't care
    how many recruiting stars some BS service put on them. After the best 30 or so guys every year, recruiting is a total crap shoot. Look at the NFL rosters with players from schools you almost NEVER see on TV.:geaux:

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

This is also not entirely true. My own son was not given a title as a walk-on and made the 105 limit in his first year at TCU. He also made the travel team as a RS freshman which means far more than when you walk-on. Derek Dooley as the RC for LSU back then offered him the same chance at LSU. That being said, 20K for tuition back then culled more than a few "potential" walk-ons at a private school versus a state school. Just based on price alone I would imagine LSU can get alot of walk-ons.:geaux:

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The silence on Hill is obvious. He was never gonna be accepted after that hit the fan.

5. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Your right I found him mentioned in the recruiting section of the Advocate. Cameron Fordham, 6ft-3in - 261# tightend/center. Was a three star on Rivals. After waiting a year I hope he pans out & becomes a good player.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHohiY1hkPg]YouTube - Aaron Ernest 10.48 100m[/ame]

Here is a guy who is being mentioned as a possibility to be at LSU but not sure of his status. Track guy with great speed and has offers for football as a WR. Not sure if he will walk-on, grayshirt or what. May even just get on a track scholarship his 1st year or stay with track his whole career. I will get some details and post them later.

Aaron Ernest - Yahoo! Sports

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Just did a little research on Packer/Steeler rosters. Greenbay has 25 players from Non-AQ and below schools, 6 of those players come from schools that have Northern, Central, Western etc etc in their school name.

Pittsburgh has 17 and 3 of the same categories.

As I read all this recruiting BS from all these sites and watch the pundits ponitificate about what they know will happen I keep seeing the blurb on Mitch Mustain getting arrested..............living proof "can't miss" 5 star recruit who DID NOTHING in college and may not ever get the chance in the pros.:geaux:

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Covington (La.) Northlake Christian

LB Shawn Burst Jr.

This is the other preferred Walk-on and he also played TE in HS.

6'0

Claims offers from Arkansas and Tulane.

Shawn Burst #45 - Home

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Please read the whole thread prior to posting...:hihi:

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

im hearing, if nothing more comes of this case, and this is a one time incident...he will probably be a part of the 2012 class. it would not surprise me one bit.