LSU gets 2 preferred walkons

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 2, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Don't get your point.

I made the prediction that he wasn't going to get the offer and according to Memphisplaya I wasn't far off at the time. They got the call and decided to accept on the spot which I am glad they did but before then the staff wasn't on him like they were earlier in the process.

La'el's mom has personal ties to Hill which makes her somewhat bias but a great lady overall who is likely more connected to the situation than most. It is a wait and see approach with most close to the program deflecting discussions of the matter as of now.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Like I said, just jacking with you, but when I said MJ and Rasco would be our last two, you said you thought MJ wasn't coming.

And to the point of La'el's mom, that's what I think the deal is. Her bias is blinding her to the fact that Hill is toast. Just my opinion, though. Too much evidence for it to just go away, and it's not like it matters if it was consentual...it's still a felony.

3. bhelmLSU

I know you are jacking with me but MJ has nothing to do with Hill and I didn't just say he wasn't coming. I gave reasons for why I felt the way I did. Just though that was a little out there, even for you.:hihi:

Hill may be toast and not saying I think he should be set free of anything. I haven't seen the evidence though.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

It isn't that far out there. I think it's false that there's a chance of Hill coming here just like I thought it was false that MJ would go elsewhere.

5. bhelmLSU

But I never predicted Hill would definitely be here after the incident. So now you might see what I am referring too.

I give you kudos though because you actually had more confidence about Mickey than he did the last few weeks of his recruitment. The major reason he pushed up his announcement from NSD.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Lol...what did he know? :grin:

And FWIW, you never predicted Mickey would 'definitely' not commit to LSU.

I know you get the inside scoop, but if the scoop on this one is La'el's mom, and you even agree she's biased, then with the facts available, you gotta admit it's hard to imagine Hill ever being an LSU Tiger.

I promise I have no inside scoop on any of it, but I'm pretty logical, and the logic isn't there. Again, with the known facts...there could always be an unknown, but if that unknown is a biased mom of a good friend, I ain't buying it. And this is certainly no knock on La'el's mom. I'm sure she knows Jeremy well, and just can't see it.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

When was the last time an 18 year old kid went to jail for getting head from a freshman?

Logic has never been a part of this incident. The DA has real crimes to prosecute. Time will pass and this incident will fade in everyone's memory except for that girl's father's.

8. bhelmLSU

I agree but wasn't implying mama is the scoop, just confirmation on the general feel of the people around RHS and possibly the feel of the other recruits in the class and staff. Basically they all assume that it is not over between LSU and Hill at this time.

We all know it is going to come down to what the actual charges are and the outcome of the trail. If he is convicted of a felony there is no way.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I never said he'd go to jail. He can still be convicted of the crime, and receive probation. This is actually more likely than him going to jail. Bottom line, if they have the alleged evidence that's rumored to be out there, it won't just go away. Problem is, nobody would've ever known had daddy not gotten so upset...but the fact that it's out there means daddy wants 'justice'.

I personally feel it was probably quite consentual...maybe even her idea. But it got out because someone videotaped it. (my gut feeling) So now it's out there...and she's 14. Daddy believes his little angel's story about how they coerced her to do it...those big bad football players...and won't rest until they receive their punishment.