LSU gets respect on ESPN's "Dream Job"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gotskeeters, Mar 28, 2004.

1. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

On tonight's Dream Job finale, the last two contestants were asked a set of "speed round" type questions.

One of the questions was "Who is LSU's current head football coach?" They both jumped on the correct answer. C'mon, it's a no-brainer, right? :champs:

Later in the round, a question was asked, "Who won the 2004 Rose Bowl?" After a long delay, one answered "Michigan". The other contestant did not know, and declined to answer. :dis:

These guys were answering difficult questions left and right. It's amazing they didn't know that one.

They knew their LSU trivia, that's all I needed to see.

:geaux:

2. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Very good post.:)

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I love it

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yeah, I liked how that guy knew before the question was finished that Nick Saban was our coach, but neither could come up with USC as the winner of the Rose Bowl in a minute of thinking....

5. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

I find it ridiculous that they did not know that USC answer. Fan of USC or not, a sports anchor needs to know that.

6. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

That was awesome when they had no idea who won the Rose Bowl. Geaux Tigers!

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Did the chick win out, or maybe the guy with the long hair?

I liked those two the best...Along with the "Ramma-Lamma-Ham-Slam" guy, who lost out earlier...I thought he had the most potential...

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The broad got cut in the first hour along with Zach, the guy with the long hair. Maggie is not somebody you would want to watch regularly on SportsCenter but Zach was better than Aaron or Mike, who made the final cut. Mike ended up getting voted the winner over Aaron in the last hour by the viewing audience. I think it was fixed. If it was up to me I would have hired Zach.

After the show Mike ended up playing a game on the following SportsCenter for his salary. They started him at $70K and he worked his way up to $95K a year. I thought national media figures made more than that. I would have thought a starting ESPN anchor job would have been worth at least $200K

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree that that salary appears a bit low but, on the other hand, with a $25K raise the first night, I'd say the potential is good.

10. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Amen!