LSU GOLF FINISHES 5TH AT THE GATOR

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by first down, Feb 20, 2006.

1. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Whats their names. The following 2 years will be good for the team. They are getting better everyday. It will be tough walkng on the next 2 years. There are alot of young talent around La right now. If I were you, I would have your son play in every tourney coming up and I would have him talk to Chuck.

2. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Top 8 in district automatically get to go to regionals. Currently we are in 9th place in the district. Very good showing in the Gator on a very good golf course. We probably need to beat either South Carolina, Alabama or Auburn head to head to be assured the top 8. If not, this district has a history of getting 10 in the regionals.

I think you are being kind on the potential of walking on at an SEC school. Chances would be 1 in a thousand of ever seeing any playing time or even practicing with the team. To be big time like our coach is doing, they spend a tremendous amount of time and money recruiting players for scholarships. If a kid is not ranked in the top 3 in the state or wins the State junior or even the state high school, the chances of them getting even a look are remotely slim. That quite frankly is good news for our program as a general rule only 9 to 10 players are on the team to begin with and most of them are on some form of aid.

If you go to a SLU or ULL or LA Tech, the chances of walking on and getting to play are much more possible.