LSU gymnastics. 2nd overall 2019!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Apr 20, 2019.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

So it
    So it’s not a man’s sport, eh? lol

But you didn’t answer my question. You aware of the criteria used to “score” them? Are do none “none exist” due to you ignorance of them?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I do see a bit of a difference but I also agree that it looks as if it's due to a lack in the title area.

Well I wouldn't have started that thread for a couple of reasons. I would likely have said the same thing. Not sure I see a worse there between the 2.

It was a conversation aspect to the thread. I'm not that personally invested. And I disagree that it's the equivalent. As @tirk mentioned, there are awards, medals, cups, ceremonies to celebrate the top finishers in most competitions. I have no problem with that. But everyone knows that both Bronze and Silver really wanted the Gold so public proclamations of "runners up" seems lame to me. I would have had no problem with a billboard congratulating them on a great season, thanking the coaching staff, recognizing the apparatus champs....but runner up?

It's like the T-shirts that I've seen given out at my daughter's soccer tournaments. There are the ones that say champion and the ones that say finalist. She never wears the finalist ones, only the champion ones. Everyone who sees finalist knows what it means, it means they didn't win. It's nice and all, great effort, family is proud....but publicly, it's still 2nd.

I'll have to ask around to see if ucla put up a billboard for 3rd. It's only one spot behind the runner up.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Lol. Good one.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

UCLA has titles and past olympians on their team; so probably no billboards.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Probably not. But we do like some public fighting. Full page ad in the LA Times, 2008. He went winless against USC, including a 50-0 blowout in his final year.

[​IMG]

So we went billboard in Westwood....
    [​IMG]

6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

congrats to the LSU team for a great year. That sport requires an awfull lot of hard work and long hours.

Geaux Tigers

65Grad and LSUTiga like this.