LSU has the #2 qb battle in the nation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GMoney2600, Mar 9, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I have a cable modem so it's working plenty fast. I can't tell the difference in speed from the old board. Randall may be a horrible QB or he may be the next Rohan Davey, but he hasn't much of a chance to show it. 2002 he was a young QB that was thrown into the fire against quality competition with a patchwork offensive line at best. He was running for his life most of the time. This year there are no excuses he will either show himself to be SEC quality or not, either way I think it is too early to throw in the towel on him. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

2. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

I think thank because 1.Russell has the arm and seems to be the best QB we have. 2. Flynn knows the playbook in 6 different languages 3. Randall had his chance and he screwed it up.

3. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

huh?.....mauck was backup to rohan and randall was backup to mauck.....randall does not equal rohan......(by the way i've got cable too and maybe it's orlando but this site is not working)......i don't have anything against the kid and if he can win make him the starter but i just have my doubts.....by the way....i have been watching the championship game (over and over and over).....mauck is not in the nfl caliber of qb......jason white has an arm to die for.....shame his career will be over at college.....the nfl won't ever take a guy with two bum wheels......and finally i will state that joe namath had the strongest arm in the history of mankind......he could outthrow anyone, anytime, anyplace.....

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Namath threw the most consistently perfect deep ball in the history of the game, no doubt. Don't no about strenght but he was close to the top. His passes use to hit Sauer and Maynard right in their hands 40-50 yards down the field. I love watching his highlights.

5. TwistedTiger

The comparison was that Rohan had a strong arm but looked horribly inconsistant VERY MUCH LIKE RANDALL until his senior season when the current starter left a year early. See the similarities? A senior with limited playing time gets shot when junior starter leaves early. Both looked poor early but had strong arms. The situation is very very similar!!!! Who knows if Randall will step up like Rohan did but the circumstances are almost exactly the same. :geaux: :lsug:

6. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

Twisted....We saw Davey play in some games his junior year. He started in the Tennessee game when we beat them in OT that year.He wasn't inconsistant in my opinion.Randall only came in the games when we already had the W this past year I dont see Randall turning into a Davey or a Mauck. But, I could be wrong. Alls I have to say is... GEAUX JAMARCUS!!!

7. TwistedTiger

The very next game against Florida he had 12 attempts with 4 completions for 65yds and one interception. I also don't think Randall will be the next Davey but many of the posts have been far too critical of a guy with so little playing time. I think we would be better off if one of the young guys wins the job because they have eligibility left after this season where Randall does not. However I do not have the opinion that some have where the season is lost if Randall is the starter. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

9. TwistedTiger

10. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

This seems to be the most accurate response yet.