LSU HC Prediction

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

FWIW as an outsider looking in.........after looking objectively at the overall situation and the candidates, I predict LSU's next coach will be Petrino.
    So in a few days ya'll can jump on me and tell me how wrong I was. Anyone else want to climb out on this limb with me? :grin: :grin:

2. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

I'll jump out there with ya....Del Rio

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I would suggest you are corrent based on the rhetoric coming from Petrino..

However I am going to wait until Jan 2nd when all the coaches (Except for the ones who niether LSU or they are interested in a Marriage) are left to play....

I think this heats up after the bowl games. I can hope because so far Petrino is the ONLY one I am intrested in slightly. Del Rio.. No but I am in the minority....

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The tree we are looking at now has so many fragile limbs there are enough for everyone to climb out on a limb of his own. I'm hoping one of those two thick branches (Del Rio,Beamer) are within reach, but until then I'm staying on the ground where it is semi safe. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

5. max

max Founding Member

If I had to guess I would say Del Rio but I think Petrino may be there second option.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Well, I don't want to make it sound like LSU would have to "settle" for Petrino, but even an Auburn fan has to admit his resume looks both more impressive than and promising than any of the others we've heard so far (well, I like Del Rio, too, but Petrino is the "most confirmed candidate" at the moment).

Want an assistant with upside? How about a guy who has two years of HC experience and, so far, has capitalized on maximizing his talent on hand. You say he's winning with John L.'s talent? So what? If he keeps winning, the money keeps flowing into the program to keep and maintain facilities, recruits keep coming...in short, the players will continue to find their way to Baton Rouge and Bobby will continue to coach them up.

I like the fact that he's a footballer through and through. A coaches son, the kind of guy who, to steal a phrase from Marvin Hagler, if you split open his head you'd find a football for his brain.

Actually, one reason why the coaching search will stretch into next week, aside from helping convince fans the search was as exhaustive as possible, is to give LSU a little more leverage with Bobby. Petrino's up against the PR wall in Louisiville, but if LSU is seen as having nobody else legit on their radar, then it make it look like LSU needs Petrino as badly as he needs us.

Still wish upon the Jack Del Rio star and hoping that there are candidates flying under the radar that we don't yet see but, barring that, I say we come to terms with young Bobby, lock down Muschamp or some other solid DC, and move on.

7. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

This is more hopeful than anything, but I'm going with Spurrier.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Del Rieaux... that would be my pick.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Terry Robiskie (sp) stands to be the best choice i feel. I'll put 20 on it.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, that would really chap folks in Carolina and Florida. Darth Visor in purple and gold, eh? Stranger things have happened.