LSU heading straight into a buzzsaw at the Swamp

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 4, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Florida is going to totally underestimate LSU this week. They expect to spank us. But this team doesn't have a clock management issue in every game. And our defense and special teams are still strong. Our offense posted 400 yards, which is a huge improvement, but let penalties and turnovers cost us TD's.

It's going to be hard to beat Florida in their place, but we've done it before. It only takes stopping those drive-killing penalties and turnovers.

1 person likes this.
  2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bingo. Our QB play would look a lot better if they'd quit shooting themselves in the foot.

3. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

Hope you're right. Right now you sound delusional to me, but hopefully I'll see your vision realized Saturday. :miles:

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

but that is the problem...there is no indication what so ever that either JJ or JL will quit shooting that foot

5. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Buzzsaw or not, one thing you should learn from watching college football for years – your team always has a chance to win every time they walk on the field. I still remember when a Hallman coached Tiger football team beat Bama in their house. Nobody thought we could even stay on the field with them. That’s why they play. Never give up on the Tigers – I don’t care who is coaching.
    :eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Well, I agree that we probably won't come away with a win at the swamp. However, had someone told me we'd be 5-0 going in with an offense that hasn't scored a touchdown (passing) since the first game, and a QB that hasn't thrown for 100 yards since that same game, I'd tell them they're smokin' rope.

My hopes are always with the Tigers, but I agree. I don't see us getting away with another win against Florida. The only way we've got a chance would be if we win the turnover battle, time of possession, and have fewer penalties. Even then, it's not promising.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I would agree. Florida circled the calendar and then told the world, repeatedly, they couldn't wait to get to Tuscaloosa. It got lots of press and Pouncy even got to vent on national TV. Payback they called it. Opening kickoff and throughout the game, they still got punched in the mouth. Sometimes it just matters if you're the best team and you believe it.

8. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

They'll be doubled pissed after us. Geaux Tigers!

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Playing Florida in the Swamp in the last 8 or 9 years = difficult.

Playing Florida in the Swamp after a big, humiliating loss = difficult.

Add those together, it doesn't look good. It didn't look promising before the first snap of the first game.

LSU will have to play great defense (probable), win the turnover battle (suspect), throw the football effectively (suspect at best), and not kill their own drives (unlikely).

LSU winning on Saturday is improbable. But that doesn't mean it can't be done. The team just has to make a HUGE correction in the next five days. That's all. Easy, right...

10. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

And I'm sure when we play the game we have all been waiting for .......... from all aspects, there will be love and happiness from all Tiger Fans. Cant wait till next Sunday Forum Day ............. To the Swamp !