LSU heading straight into a buzzsaw at the Swamp

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 4, 2010.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

CUM is pissed off?????????????

Maybe CUM will be pissed ON sat night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I second the motion.
    Really the offense looked much better this game then in past games this season, but of course we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers.
    I mean we were like on the TN 10 yard line when Lee threw that pick, one mistake like changed the whole game, it was likely we were going to come out with a touchdown or field goal at the very least.
    Florida's offense is not very good either. Here's some stats,
    Passing yards- 83rd
    Rushing yards- 65th
    I believe our defense is just as good as Bama's if not better.
    We have a good chance coming out of the swamp with a W if we reduce turnovers and penalties.
    Maybe PP return a TD.
    Lets get it!

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Would you go ahead and predict a score in favor of Florida, so we can all get out our magic markers and put the mark in the W column?

4. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Sure I'm worried, but as i've said repeatedly the last few days: I'm not automatically conceding a loss. They are NOT a better team than us (overall). There are things we do better and things that they do better, but neither has put together a complete game and played to its potential. They are basically on level ground. Home field will give them a 3-point edge...isn't that the line this weekend?

My point is...we're headed for a difficult game that will take everything we've got to win, but we CAN win it.

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

They can be beat, but not in the Swamp.....not this year.

6. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I think LSU can pull this one off. Surely the team has looked at the film from Saturday's game and acknowledged the problems, AND will fix them (hopefully!). From what I've seen out of Florida's offense, they will struggle with our D. Chavis will pick at Brantley's weak spots, pressure him. I can see us getting some interceptions, fumbles, who knows? No idea what to expect from our O this Saturday though. Outside of the goofy mistakes, Lee moved the chains more efficiently, he did very well. With any luck, we'll see a lot more of him (possibly to start) and maybe see at least a bit more improvement. I don't think LSU is heading into a "buzzsaw", but they're definitely going to face a team who are also needing redemption. I just don't think Florida will be able to stand up well to our defense. It definitely won't be a shutout.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

LOL...0-0 tie at the end of regulation. Our D stops their O and our O stops itself...every drive. Goes in the books as the most boring game in history.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

If we can cut the errors to 0, and have a good offensive effort, we can kick Florida's azz. Defense will take care of business, and with a little time off while the O is on the field, they could have best game yet.

Nothing would make me happier than to pound them and for LM to do something that clearly puts the team in position to win. Show some coaching and leadership. That would be fine.

While it is a little fun to whine at the recent and sustained idiocy, the name of the game is to win, and whip the Gators.

Geaux Tigers

hwr

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

How about this for irony. Florida can't figure out who they are. Florida nation is royally pained at this lack of offensive identity. Seems that Brantley a classic drop back passing dude, is put in a spread option scheme, and ask to run even an option attack, at times, to the short side of the field. Many are begging for T. Burton to please take over the spread or let Brantley throw in a conventional formation. Meyers instead, seems to be channeling his glory days with Chris Leak. This stubbornness could get ugly.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

sounds familiar