LSU heading straight into a buzzsaw at the Swamp

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 4, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Just being realistic about the situation.

You think Les Miles being pissed is going to change anything? With our luck the only thing Miles is pissed about is the fact he's not getting credit for confusing UT's defensive coordinator for putting 13 men on the field.

Urban Meyer being pissed will, however.

2. islstl

Well we're 0-2 in their place since Urban Meyer, and looked pretty bad in both instances.

Honestly, I would have said we would upset them had Florida beat Alabama.

3. islstl

I don't understand why Meyer recruited this kid, knowing he would try to make him into something he is not.

This looks like Mallett at Michigan all over again. One year and done.

This Burton kid will take over next year and be electric.

4. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Is Urban Mayer being pissed off going to make them have a running game, or make Fat boy Pouncey snap it straight for once, or somehow change their down field passing attack? It is completely BS to say he is pissed so they will play great. By the way, don't you think he was pissed at half time or after the 1st Qtr of the Bama game? Did not seem to affect the play much.

I think we have some pissed off players, and that may be enough.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I thought Jarrett Lee looked pretty decent in 08 in the swamp. Save 2 picks. We were in that game til late in the 3rd quarter. Lee still looks like he could screw the pooch, but he still gives us a better chance to win than Jefferson does. I still think we win this game.

6. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

MOST importantly, this is not the same UF team we faced the last 2 times in the swamp........not even close!

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

x 1 million.

8. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

:rofl:

Really just becuase they got spanked by Bama doesn't mean they are going to play 10x better.
    They are a team that has a lot of issues and if we play a good game we have a great chance to win the game.
    My recipe to play a good game= 1 or 0 turnovers, 5 or less penalties, rush for 150+ yards, and our defense play like they have been playing.
    A key matchup in my opinion is to blitz brantley frequently, I think that will be very effective.

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I don't know about any "buzzsaw," but I can say it's NEVER easy to go into The Swamp and come out with a W. We've done it a couple of times, but back then we had you-know-who and they had Ron Zook. Some say the coaching roles have completely reversed, but I wouldn't go that far.

Having watched all of Florida's games this year (except Alabama, which from the highlights I saw, I didn't miss much), I am not in awe of the 2010 edition of the Gators. This team, just like us, is very talented, and capable of winning a lot of football games, but also have severe, glaring weaknesses in several spots. You just don't lose a player like #15 and truck on like it was nothing, I don't care how loaded your recruiting classes are.

Their defense is nothing special, they give up a lot in the running game and we've got a back every bit as good as Ingram at Bama in Stevan Ridley. I think if we start Jarrett Lee at QB, and can achieve some semblance of balance, with an occasional completion down-field, we can open them up enough to have success. Our D, again, every bit as good as Alabama's, we got a great tune-up look at their kind of offense against West Virginia, Demps has a bad wheel, Burton is a one-trick pony so far (don't let him beat you to the edge, and you can contain him) and Brantley still struggles with the snap at times. Ask yourself a question, without Tebow, is Meyer's offense any different/better than West Virginia's? They don't scare me.

It's not about what they do. It's about what we do. After that players-only meeting, I hope the message got delivered. No more turnovers. No more stupid penalties. No more busted plays and blown assignments. These were drive-killers against Tennessee that, IMO, took multiple touchdowns off the board for us. The passing game moved with Lee and the huddle responded with action and enthusiasm. START HIM! More than anything we hang on Les, the #1 thing he did I just can't grasp was pulling Lee after he had led us down the field and put us in position to win that game. Ridiculous.

We clean up our act, and play like we know we can, we can take their best shot, and deliver a blow that will put them on the floor. But if we throw a bunch of picks, have 115 yards in penalties, five or six drops, and five or six plays that go for negative yardage because somebody missed a block or a read, it's gonna be a long night.

Hope we fix that, more than anything.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nega-tiger central today..

LSU 27-17