LSU heading straight into a buzzsaw at the Swamp

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 4, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I got 24-17. Nice call.

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Certainly doesn't seem like it.

I remember looking horrible at Vanderbilt, winning 7-6 and beating no. 1 Fla the next week.

I know some here are kind of hoping for an implosion so Miles can go, but I can't bring myself to ever pull against the Tigers. I'm hoping that the Tenn game was the lowpoint in coaching and execution.

If we execute, we can play with them.

3. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

If Ole Miss can do it to the 2008 Fla team (with Nutt) then I don't see why LSU can't do it.

And this ain't the 2008 Gators. They'll be playing with their back's against the wall after Sat. but so should we.

4. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

Who knows. Florida may win big. But, even though Alabama is without a doubt the best team right now in college football, Florida did look really bad at times. Some of their futility was self-inflicted.

Meyer probably is concerned about the meltdown in Baton Rouge, himself. Probably the best thing right now is for the team to hit the road. They may come togethor with this us vs the world mentality and have a big game.

Hate to sound "coachy" but I'm more concerned about LSU this weekend than Florida.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Oh, quite agree with you. Read the rest of my post (I know it's long, sorry). As I said before, I am not in awe of the Gators this year. They are eminently beatable.

Do they have a lot to prove after last week? Oh yeah. But ya'll don't think we do too? I've never seen a 5-0 Top Ten team questioned and dismissed like this LSU team. And maybe we deserve it. But a victory in the Swamp, well, you just don't dismiss that. Ever. Let's go get it and shut everybody up.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

im thinking if he will just give us a percentage on chance that fla will will, no roosters will be harmed. :hihi:

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I wonder if any other SEC schools could use a good QB. :D

8. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

This. At least JL has experience playing in the swamp. This seasons version of JJ in the swamp would be a disaster. Lee, I think will be the deciding factor in this game. I don't see UF offense handling our D at all. If the D plays lights out and Lee can manage the game effectively, we come out with the W.

9. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

We will win.

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Anyone that picked LSU to beat Florida in the swamp before the season started, Please stand up and show your hand.