News LSU hires Va. Tech assistant Jeff Grimes for offensive line job

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 15, 2014.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Lots of mixed comments in there. Hard to say based on reading that how I feel. Was only at VT one year, so not much to go by to make a firm analysis anyway. Have to trust CLM and CCC that they know what they are doing. Is it true that he hasn't officially been named like that article states?

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

To add to this...Kragthorpe is "still owed money" because he is still an employee of LSU. He mans an administrative position in the athletic department. His salary no longer counts towards coaching salaries, to the best of my knowledge.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Anyone know what kind of blocking scheme Grimes prodominantly uses? And how that goes with LSU's personnel at this time?

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

From the early reports I'm getting, some of these kids are gonna have to drop some weight, some are a little too heavy for what he wants done. He likes all 5 on the line playing as one, each has to know what the other is doing and thinking. You need to read his resume, see who he played and coached under. Grimes does everything very well, not a weakness when it comes to coaching or recruiting. Like I posted, has hit the ground running and the players have taken a liking to him. He's not the yelling type, but more of a teacher. This is one of the more stable jobs at LSU, they pay very well and Les backs his coaches. I know a few coaches that have good jobs, when an opening comes up at LSU, they throw their names in the hat. An LSU job is that good. I know two coaches that have been here at LSU in years past, both told me that they would come back to LSU in a heartbeat.
    Les, Cam and the staff knew who they wanted from the start, you have to make it work.
    This was a major offseason hire. The right hire for this team.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I'll tell you what, I like the hierarchy of coaches at LSU right now:

HC Les Miles

OC Cam Cameron DC Chief Chavis

OLC Jeff Grimes DLC Brick Haley

The team appears to be in good hands w/a solid future. The individual players have to like who is coaching them now. A significant improvement from the Crowton, dual DCs, and Stud years.

TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

TigerTap likes this.