"LSU hot, too bad the Maravich Center was half empty with just 7,530 in attendance"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Feb 21, 2005.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Re: "LSU hot, too bad the Maravich Center was half empty with just 7,530 in attendanc

I keep mentioning that from what I saw where I was sitting. I was supposed to sit in the student section but had two friends that bought tickets and were in an upper section. I thought I would be out of luck since it was a sellout but when I got in, the section they were in had plenty of unused seats. I sat with them and we had 2 seats on each side of us that were empty all game. I would say atleast 20 seats out of that upper level section had nobody in them. And most of the upper sections looked like that. That's why I keep saying there wasn't 15K+.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Re: Anybody think price has anything to do with it?

I had a buddy who was at the UF game. He said he saw more enthusiasm from Saints fans this past year at the Chiefs game.

LSU fans should be ashamed...

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Re: "LSU hot, too bad the Maravich Center was half empty with just 7,530 in attendanc

I emailed lsusports.net and they said that the actual attendance was about 14,000 for the Tennessee game. I guess my argument is bolstered. :yelwink2:

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

:)

I was wondering where you were coming from. I was also in an upper section. Was packed in it and the neighboring sections. You may have been in one of the last sections tickets were sold for. For the upper secitons, they generally sell tickets for one side first (the one that is viewable most on tv) then sell the other. Mostly though, I was wondering how you could think it wasn't 15k+ and you explained it well (finally) in your initial response to me in this thread.

What email, prove it! LINK!?!?

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

This is paid attendance. The actual attendance was about 14,000.

Webmaster,
    www.LSUsports.net

[email protected]
    ----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>
    To: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
    Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 7:27 PM
    Subject: Contact us form submission

The following information was submitted via our Contact Us form:

Subject: General Question
    Name: MikeD
    Email:
    Message: I have been having a debate with my friend. We are talking about the LSU-Tennessee women's basketball game. He insists that there were really over 15,000 people there while I try to tell him that is the paid attendance, not how many people were actually there. The actual attendance is released for the men's games but I couldn't find this info for the women's game vs. Tennesee. Do you know the actual attendance or who I can ask to find that out?

Thanks.

6. LSUGradin99

Who is the friend you were having a debate over it with? :D

7. LSUGradin99

.....and that has nothing to do with home games and attendance this season now does it?

8. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

Neither did you post. You said...

I simply said "not the one in Houston".

9. LSUGradin99

If you are not able to see the context in which I was speaking - a thread about home attendance and home games -....... bleh, not worth the time to type more. Peace.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I have never known attendance to be a reason that a team loses a game, but I have seen attendance and crowds help a team win a game. To attempt to say that crowds have no bearing on a team's performance is not only naive, but ignorant.

I cannot believe that the people who make such silly remarks believe it..