LSU in as a 9 seed vs NC St

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Mar 15, 2015.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

did we have a chance against nova? theyve been pretty freaking impressive all season.

Sourdoughman likes this.
  2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't care, I may just be a homer here and everyone may disagree and that is fine! Despite their shortcomings this team was fun to watch at times. First time since I can remember them making the dance and being fun, extremely painful too to be fair. We will see what the future brings, I'm not ready to throw the coaches away after 3 seasons. They have barely begun. It takes more than 3 seasons to recruit and get your players together and have better team chemistry. Heck, people have put up with Les QB situation and play calls longer than 3 years.
    At least this coaching staff knows and has the ability to get point guards and shooting guards that can play and shoot unlike John Brady and that Stanford dude who went to TCU.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I'd like to say yes based on the effort vs UK, but it's hard to prognosticate anything after that abortion on the court I just watched.

tirk and Sourdoughman like this.
  4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

IMO, free throw practice starts tomorrow.........this has plagued too many LSU teams and there is no excuse.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

We don't have a bench. Martin played 40, Mickey played 38, Hornsby played 36, and Quarterman played 39. Maybe that's why our shooting went to shit in the final 5 minutes. They were gassed.

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

When a team closes by missing 12 straight field goals, along with 6 straight free throws, there's not much a coach can do.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Co Tiger brought up a good point, this team doesn't have much depth. Mickey did get hurt down the stretch. I am trying to remember if Martin and Mickey both played last year? Quite a few players were added this year, this team had to figure out how to play together and know each others tendencies. Those that say we don't have a team well we don't really when you consider how many new pieces were added this year. They had to figure out who to start and who has to stay on the bench, who could play at this level and who needed more time. With the number 1 player in the country coming to Baton Rouge and a majority of this lineup this team should be very good next year. Coaching does win and lose games at times, no doubt about it. Collapses though don't happen just because a coach makes a bad decision every time. Its so easy to criticize coaches but when you look at the short amount of time this team has played and the lack of depth, Mickey's injury, maybe the players were getting fatigued down the stretch? This team really overcame Mickey's injury in the Arkansas game. Some of the points you brought up along with the ones others including myself brought up could be the reason why they failed to execute under pressure again.

COTiger likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Perfect end to the season - another disappointment. I give them credit for playing hard and not being outclassed/embarrassed, but that collapse at the end just puts a bow on the season. Especially fitting that Mickey was the one who got so many opportunities and failed. Not sure if LSU is better off if he stays, but sure doesn't seem ready for da MBA.

Ultimately disappointed and pleased at the same time, just like football. Bastards have me dreadfully hopeful for next year.

COTiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It's the same argument as with Les. Ultimately it all goes back to coaching, and like Tirk said, too inconsistent all season. Maddening when so much potential is displayed at times.

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I wonder if Les Miles Jr even has them practice free throws