LSU in Chick-fil-A Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, Dec 2, 2012.

1. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Since I am an LSU football (and other sports too) addict, I will watch the hell out of this bowl. But, I still feel pretty screwed here.

2. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

I remember watching the inaugural Peach Bowl game, it was the first bowl game I remember watching.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Our tcu friend... This is for another day :)....

Opening day, Jerry world.. New players.. Completely different scenario..

Tcu question... My Arkansas buddy swears Petersen is going to hogs. Any truth to that?

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Have we ever played Clemson before? I can't remember matching up w/them in my lifetime, and I'm 46. They are like our sister school along the Atlantic coast. Both are Tigers, both have Death Valleys, and they have good talent on that team. People can whine, and look at the negatives, but I feel like there are some good underlying story lines here. I'll watch. May try to go, in fact.

5. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

LSU has played Clemson twice, both times in bowl games. The 1958 National Championship team beat them 7-0 in the Jan 1, 1959 Sugar Bowl. The next meeting was another LSU victory 10-7 in the December 28, 1996 Peach (Chik fil a) Bowl.

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Welcome to being Bama's bitch. Losing to Bama at home sucks and this bowl sucks.

This team didn't show up for the national championship, think they give a crap about the chicken bowl?

Like someone said, everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Another reason Alleva shouldn't be LSU's AD

[​IMG]

gynojunkie and cwatsn like this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

thanks.

8. ParadiseiNC

yeah, you're right. we didn't control our destiny when we had Bama on the ropes. our f-up, gotta live w/it. agree about Alleva. still, hopefully, we do show up and play well against Clemson.

9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Opening day Jerry World, 10 defensive starters will be back for TCU, 7 offense and both kickers.(In addition the true passing QB may be back by then and Boykin plays something else) That is not a completely different scenario. In addition, their 1st year in the conf they were #1 in total defense.

Chris Petersen might be going to Arkansas even though I doubt it, and Gary Patterson says he is not interested, at least that is what he says. There are no teams with openings that will win a bidding war with TCU because they will write the check for whatever it takes. Patterson will not leave TCU because of money, to go anywhere. He is already over 3 mil a year now, and if he wants more, he will get it. BTW, I know you first referred to the Arky game but while we are at it, add the Ole Miss game to.

10. ParadiseiNC

We can also thank Nebraska, NIU, and having 6 SEC teams ranked in the top 10 (#2, 3, and 7-10) in the final BCS poll for us ending up in CFAB, too. Only so much to go around.

That's a funny GIF, btw.