LSU in Chick-fil-A Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, Dec 2, 2012.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Our problem with the bowls is not so much rankings, but the "BODY OF WORK" on offense. Yes, we finished strong, but as a whole, not so shit hot.

Bowls want exciting and as much as defensive purists may scream, that means offense, and lots of offense, and that means passing. I know we ended up with pretty good attack, but through 12 games. Not.

Offense = excitement = money. Period.

seabrookcajun and BRETT like this.
  2. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

Not the bowl I was hoping LSU would be in at the end, but I will always watch and support them.

It appears in today's college minefield, 10 wins in the SEC is not going to get you what you want. Hoping the new playoff format is going to open up more opportunities for us.

*LSU better get pumped for Clemson...they are no joke. Sounds like some are insulted we have to play them. They are a worthy opponent in my book.

northernvatiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

LSU is playing in the Chicken Bowl because they did not take their lighter competitiion seriously. Games against teams like Auburn, Towson, Ole Miss, and Arkansas were much closer than necessary. If Les doesn't learn from this now, he will next season with the BCS playoffs start. Just like LSU's basketball and baseball teams learned when they missed the big dance when they lost those "preseason" games against lower-level state competition, the football team will be left on the outside looking in if they don't start pulling an Oregon and totally blowing out their weaker opponents.

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

It's never going to happen. It isn't who Les is and it's not the way he knows to coach.

Les wins a lot of football games but he wins them tougher than necessary and his offenses are about as boring as you'll ever see. That isn't going to change.

5. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Yep. That's one reason why the Cotton Bowl took Texas A&M and Manziel instead of LSU.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Watch how quickly the tickets will be sold for the Cotton and you'll have 99% of the reason the Cotton is taking A&M. Sure, LSU would have sold theirs quickly. But I can assure you, those ticket brokers with large allotments to the Cotton where hoping and praying A&M would get the bid. Payday.

In a conversation a few weeks ago with one of our sports editors he mentioned that he'd heard Patterson's wife was the daughter of one of the BOT members at TCU. While I registered the comment, I haven't bothered researching its validity. Do you happen to know?

Whether Petersen decides to make the move or not is debatable. He is certainly giving it a lot of consideration right now and Boise State is in the raise/contract extension phase to keep him on board. He's already reached out to his former OC at TX about the possibility of him leaving the Longhorns. There are certainly legs to this story. Whether they end up standing in one place or running to Arkansas?

I don't believe Boise State would win a bidding war. Petersen's son and his fight against cancer shouldn't weigh heavily right now since he's been in remission for several years now.

(Side note: If you recall, Houston Nutt came from Boise to take the Arkansas job. He'd only been there a year but it is interesting to me.)

7. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

LSU would have sold their allotment no problem as well. It's a Texas bowl and they have a fair amount of A&M insiders involved with the Cotton Bowl I'm sure. A&M doesn't bring anything financial wise to the party that LSU wouldn't match or beat. You'd be hard pressed to find a fan base that spends as much money as LSU fans on bowl trips. The booze tab alone tips the scales.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I agree. The money had nothing to do with it. LSU was a guaranteed sell-out, and the rest of the tickets (outside of the school allotments were already sold out.)

I'll be watching and cheering. It's LSU football and the last chance to see it until September of '13.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

So true Brett, when we made the trip up to Seattle for the UDub game, I asked every local I could about their thought on the LSU fans. All had the same story, we spent more, drank more, ate more and tipped better than any fan base they could think of. We spent a week there and took in all the sights, also made a trip over to Victoria, Canada. I'd like to make another game over there soon.

<----Thats a picture of my bus from the UDub game, taken from the stadium. It was the first game of the season and I told them that Mark Emmert said that we could park near the stadium. It was just a small fib.

StaceyO likes this.
  10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

The Cotton bowl took a&m because they're in the back yard, just like the sugar bowl would take LSU whenever they are available.....they ups'd it....Logistics baby!!