LSU in National Championship game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

Absolutely, the Hogs are going to be a very tough deal in their yard. Which leads me to a question. LSU, Auburn, Bama & Arkansas. Is there a team anywhere in the country outside of the SEC that could handle 3 of those teams on their schedule? Don't think so.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

LSU wins out, going 11-1.
    Auburn drops one, then loses the SECCG, going 11-2. This puts a (at least) 3 loss team from the East in the Sugar Bowl.

Who does the BCS take as the second SEC team?

Lets say only Boise and TCU are undefeated at the end of the year. Does a 1-loss SEC team who didn't go to the SECCG get an BCSNC invite? Things could get weird.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The weirder they get, the more likely we see some kind of playoff.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

What if Auburn loses one to either Bama or GA but then loses in the SEC Championship game, we leap frog them then, then how do our chances look at a BCSNC birth?

5. roynav

roynav free your mind

This actually may work in LSU's favor. There is a decent chance Auburn loses 1 game, probably to Alabama. Bama should be pumped and a win over Auburn would help save their season. Then Auburn would match up and presumably beat a weak SECe team in the title game. That won't give them much pop in the polls as say beating a one loss Florida team would have. And if someone has turned up proof that Auburn was dirty by that point, LSU could be in the drivers seat if they win out strong.

This year maybe for the first time since the SEC championship started, we see the weakness of a two division conference and title game: what happens when all the best teams are in one division? Its a shame, but the title game this year is looking like it should be Auburn vs LSU.

6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I am done for today!

The play that sticks in my head is JJ standing in the pocket and hitting RR with a PERFECT strike and RR shows his 5 star speed.

JJ keep it up and knowing that JL could come in late and throw a 3rd and 13 death strike to RR again.

I guess at the end of the day CLM does know a little about college football. Look at his record now and how he stacks up against Nick and Urban.

Geaux Tigers

7. roynav

roynav free your mind

Hey, if Auburn/LSU each have one loss and one of them doesnt make the NC game, then the sheet should hit the fan. SEC is on a roll in the NC game and has usually destroyed their opponents in the NC game. How the hell can you select TCU or Boise St with their powderpuff schedules over the SEC's best? I also think the Ducks would get chewed up in the SEC.

The SECs domination of the BCS makes the year undefeated Auburn got left out even more of an outrage in retrospect.

If the SEC gets snubbed this year, the system either needs to be reformed (such as a playoff) or the SEC should just drop out of the BCS system and declare whoever wins the conference the National Champion.

8. Boundzy

Boundzy Founding Member

I don't think a 1-loss SEC team makes the NC game, if Oregon, TCU and Boise St are all undefeated. I think Oregon and TCU would be #1 and #2, respectively. A 1-loss SEC team would likely jump Boise St, but still be #3 and out of the NC game.

Just my opinion.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Only way a 1-loss SEC team does not go is if the humans rank them below 4th. The computers will have that team #1 across the board.

10. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

San Diego State (7-2) upsets TCU, Nevada (8-1) over Boise State, Cal, Arizona or Oregon State over Oregon

LSU vs Auburn for the NC.