LSU in National Championship game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 7, 2010.

1. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

The odds were greater in LSU's 2 other NC seasons of them making the NC game than they are now.

1 person likes this.
  2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

WHOOOOAAAA ... dude .

I hadn't thought about this.

If AU loses to Bama and the SEC CG, it is entirely possible that LSU goes to the Dance. Right now ... LSU is the top ranked 1 loss team, with only Boisy, Oregon, AU, and TCU ahead of us. I'm not sure that Boisy gets the nod based on a weak sched. TCU .. a toss up. If Oregon loses a game, they will lose to a lesser ranked opponent than LSU.

If AU loses the SEC CG, LSU could very well find itself in Atlanta!!!!

:geaux:

3. roynav

roynav free your mind

Auburn is better than LSU this year. At least they were two weeks ago. They'd deserve to go ahead of us if we both finish with one loss. Unless they are guilty of pay to play. Anybody have a sense of whether we'll get an answer to the pay to play allegations in the next month? National media must be investigating that themselves, in addition to the NCAA. I dont like to see these type of allegations hanging over an SEC team, so the sooner they are resolved the better.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

:huh:

5. psulions2007

psulions2007 Founding Member

Sorry guys, I love LSU and their fans, but if you don't make it to and win the SECCG, you don't deserve to go to the BCSNCG. Using other conferences that have CGs as comparisons is an extremely weak argument... At least they are the conference champion. The fact of the matter is that you should win your conference to make it to the NCG. We already have examples of when that didn't happen (Nebraska, Oklahoma) and they both lost.

I know, you're in the SEC, etc, but this is a case where it doesn't matter, and the entire college football world would be in an uproar if you made it.

With that said, it's time to hope Auburn loses to UGA and LSU beats ULM and Arky.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Hard to disagree with you, but as an LSU fan, I'm gonna anyway. :D

But yeah, absolutely, THE best case scenario is for LSU to win out, AU to lose out. Period. That's why I can't understand these LSU fans hoping AU wins out. :confused: Phuck Auburn!

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Welcome back!

Congrats to JoPa on #400.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

In 2001 Nebraska lost the last game of the regular season to Colorado, and tied with Colorado for the Big 12 North, however Colorado held the head to head with Nebraska and Nebraska couldn't play in the Big 12 Championship. I think what needs to happen for LSU to get to the dance is one of 2 things. First we have to win out of course before the 2 things even have any meaning.

1. Auburn has to lose to UGA and Alabama, and LSU would have to win the SEC Championship. Thats the easy one to figure out and one that has been discussed for a few weeks on the board.
    2. Auburn loses to Alabama, then loses to either USC or Florida. I think that if it happens to be Florida, that helps us.

I don't think they will ever allow 2 SEC teams to play each other, so if Oregon loses against either Arizona or Oregon State, i don't think they will allow a rematch, although i guess it isn't impossible.

Auburn could still beat Georgia and Alabama and lose the SECCG and still make the big show like Oklahoma did in 03.

This is going to be one hell of an ending to an awesome college football season.

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Fishead ...

If AU loses to Bama, going into the SEC CG with one loss, then loses the SEC CG, that would make them a two loss team. AND .. both losses would be to 11-25 teams, as Bama is now ranked 12, and SC is barely still in the rankings or FL who is ranked something like 21.

It begs the question ... how do you rank them.

TCU and Boisy have weak scheds, but I did hear last night that the BCS is obligated to put one of them in the NC game this year if they are undefeated. Only an undefeated AU and Oregon could change that.

If Oregon loses, which is possible ... how do you rank a:

11-2 AU
    11-1 Oregon
    11-1 LSU.

AU didn't exactly squash LSU .... in fact, LSU could have very well won that game. Had the offense played like they did Saturday, AU would've gone down. Also figure in the three way tie .... AU beats LSU who beats Alabama who beats AU.

It could happen .....crazy stuff happens all the time.

If the above scenario plays out, don't be suprised to see LSU in the NC game.

10. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

If LSU finds itself in Atlanta when they're supposed to be at the BCSNCG, that means they got on the wrong plane. :hihi: