LSU in the Sugar???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BigETigerFan, Oct 22, 2002.

1. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

IMO...I think there is a very real chance that LSU plays Texas in a bowl.

If both teams win out...I see both making it to the Sugar bowl. And if that is the case...both teams will be in the top five.

If both teams drop a game between now and the end of the season...Cotton w/ both teams being in the top 15-20.

Either way...a big plus for Nick and recruiting in Texas. IMO...LSU beats the dog out of Texas.

What are y'alls thoughts?

Big E has spoken!!!

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Bring on the Horns

I see you're a fellow Houstonian (they love that word here). I've been in Houston about a year and a half and I get pretty sick of all the UT, A&M, T. Tech talk. It would definitely be a good matchup and could be the final chapter in the Chrissy Simms legacy. Maybe Bradie James could be the hero. If we don't get to meet V. Tech in the Sugar, Texas would be my second choice.

3. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

lsu99,

I hear you on the Chrissy thing...talk about a flop. I bet Tenn. is glad they didn't get him. According to Mack Brown...Chris has a problem throwing into the wind. LOL!!!

VTech would be nice...I just don't see the Sugar Bowl taking a one loss VTech over a one loss Texas. Texas bring a bunch of people.

Big E

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Bring on the Horns

This has nothing to do with LSU but it seems that a lot of Louisiana natives are now Houstonians (Houstonians???)
    Sunday afternoon I talked to a friend from Baton Rouge who has been living in Houston for the last 3 years. He was outraged to the point where I thought he might have a heart attack. It seems that the Houston Fox Network affiliate was showing the Saints - 49ers game and with about 20 seconds left in the game and the 49ers with still a shot at sending it into overtime with a last second score the station cut away from the Saints game in order to not miss the kickoff of the Cowboys-Cardinals game

5. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

Bengal B,

He's right...there was like 14 sec's left and Fox cut away for the Cowboys. I stood in my living room in total disbelief. The best game of the day...SF on the 40 trying to tie the game and sorry we have to cut to the Crappy Cowboys. I'm still mad!!!

Big E:mad:

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I made it to the South Carolina game so I just watched the Saints game in Lafayette before heading back to Houston. I heard about how they cut off the end of the Saints and that's worse than horrible. I'm glad the Cowboy fans got a great game to watch (6-9?). Might as well have been a soccer match.

The SRO at The Northwest Mall is a good place to watch Saints games. It's only a $3 cover and they have a Saints room so you can get away from all of the Cowboy/Texan/other fans. However, they also have spots where you can see multiple TV's in case you're following fantasy players. It's a good setup.

7. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

(not to be confused with texastigers)
    I live here in the DFW metro, and I too was upset with the Saints cutaway. What are these people, on DOPE!?!?!?
    Anyway, while for selfish reasons, I wouldn't mind seeing LSU-Tex in the Cotton Bowl, I would hate to think that the Tigers would fall that far. Besides, I think it's a bit early to be predicting bowls. There's a lot of football left to play yet. But it is nice to dream, isn't it? Here's to a 12-1 LSU in Tempe!!!!!!

8. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Hey, if anyone's interested, right now they're playing the "Earthquake Game" on ESPN Classic. VVVEEERRRYYY COOL!!!