LSU Indian Mounds

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Sep 14, 2010.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

that and jeeps have been driven over them (and unfortunately killing someone on the other side)

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Indian Mounds:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No doubt. Last time i checked kids with cardboard never carved out rivers, or canyons. But mother nature has. Kids sliding down those mounds isn't going to hurt them. Now, if there were a bunch of kids constantly bring pails of water to the top of the mounds and pouring them down the side, then ok, i can see why that would be a problem. Some people just like to suck the fun out of everything, and make the rest of us as miserable as they are.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I have no problem with protecting the Mounds, but lets intro a little logic to the debate. If they are that significant, and that delicate, close them off completely, not just on game days.

5. LaSalleAve

yeah because kids with cardboard are exactly like 2 ton automobiles. :rolleye33:

6. LaSalleAve

Bingo.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sorry, amigo, you can guarantee nothing. Grass holds the earth in place and pedestrian traffic 24/7, including bicycles and sliding kids, have rutted the grass in places causing ravining to occur. The damage to the surface caused by humans exacerbates weather damage by exposing raw soil to running water.

That explains a lot . . . :hihi:

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I never said people shouldn't be allowed to park their cars on oak tree's. I also think that if one is blocking my view of oncoming traffic it should be axed.

Why should I bear the burden of proof in this argument. People have been sliding down the hills for years. Since they have decided 2010 is the year to disallow it they better have some good "proof" Saturday.

And come on Dude. 6000 years of weather vs 80 pound children. Sometimes data isn't needed.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's the idea. But it is on game days that crowds scoff at the signs and trample down the ropes and plastic fencing that have been tried before. The university doesn't want to fence them off and deny all access, just restrict the pounding damage of crowds, especially on rainy days. Before they built the low walls around the mounds drunks would drive 4x4 trucks over the mounds and make ruts. They still have to run off-road bicyclists off of them all the time.

10. khounba

khounba Founding Member

And don't wait decades.